Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOME CURRENT ROUND 2 INFO TODAY...

AC Norton

......Just thought I'd pass on some info I just received today regarding some Round2 releases.....the  MPC 1975 DATSUN PICKUP is apparently out right now, yet I see none for sale on Ebay currently,,,the AMT 57 CHEVY PEPPER SHAKER and COBRA-TRUCK- TRAILER RACE TEAM set are due out in December to give us a nice Christmas rush, and the 1974 GREMLIN X  is hitting the shelves in around 3 weeks. Now, the not so good news concerns the long awaited USA 1 VEGA PRO STOCK......according to the detailed email I got from Doug at Round2 it says that it has been pulled off lists and will be reassigned a new item number once the project gets some wings. Time, developing expenses, and other factors have pushed this project back to an undetermined status for possible release. However, Doug says it is going to fly at some point in the future, and by the sounds of it back tracking out of the MON-ZEGA mess as the Twister Vega was, could mean its well worth the wait if the car gets some corrections and improvements ......lets face it, once released at any point, this car could be built and decaled into more different pro Vegas than can be imagined, ROUND2 themselves could easily release it as a Grumpy Jenkins car, and even their old AMERICAN SPIRIT  VEGA to mention a few.....the decal designers could have a field day....that's it, and all the news fit to print...lol......:lol:......the Ace...:D

Edited by AC Norton
text

The Cobra racing team is coming out ? Yes !  I will be all over that ! I will need two. One to build and another for my Cobra collection. Very good news !

I agree on that, Round2 website shows the box art, just like the original....can't wait....the Ace...:D

AMT-10811/25 1965 Lincoln Continental$31.95TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITSAMT-10871/25 1958 Edsel Pacer$31.95TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITSAMT-10901/25 Peterbilt Cabover 352 Pacemaker Tractor Cab$47.95TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITSAMT-10911/25 1966 Ford Fairlane GT$31.95TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITSAMT-10921/25 1962 Pontiac Catalina Polyglas Gasser II$31.95TBA
MPC-8871/25 Jeep Commando Mount 'N Goat$31.95TBA
MPC PLASTIC MODEL KITSMPC-8881/25 1986 Chevy El Camino SS w/Dirt Bike$31.95TBA

PLL-MKA291/25 Texaco, Standard, Chevron Trucking Graphics Decals

AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS

AMT-10921/25 1962 Pontiac Catalina Polyglas Gasser II$31.95TBA

There's another homage to a long-lost kit, if a less memorable one. The Polyglas Gasser was basically a new set of tires and decals tossed into the mostly complete '62 Bonneville hardtop 3 in 1 kit - minus the Styline parts but with the convertible's roll bar added - to give it one last hurrah before they scrapped the molds. I'm guessing the only other change was the wheel backs may have been modified to fit the deeper tires, since the instructions don't seem to show any new wheels:

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/amt-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/pontiac/1961-1970/amt-the-polyglas-gasser/?view=roll#1

Anyone have an original Polyglas Gasser kit to compare the wheels?

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Round2 has never done a good job of keeping their internet stuff up to their competition's standards.

They do a good job with the retail site - autoworldstore.com   I don't even bother with the corporate site anymore when I need pics or info for something Round2, I just go there.  

......Just thought I'd pass on some info I just received today regarding some Round2 releases.....the  MPC 1975 DATSUN PICKUP is apparently out right now, yet I see none for sale on Ebay currently,,

I bought two of the Datsun Pickup's last night and they have been shipped ,  I bought them direct from Round 2 via their Autoworld store which they currently have a free shipping offer going on through Friday.

Edited by martinfan5

There's another homage to a long-lost kit, if a less memorable one. The Polyglas Gasser was basically a new set of tires and decals tossed into the mostly complete '62 Bonneville hardtop 3 in 1 kit - minus the Styline parts but with the convertible's roll bar added - to give it one last hurrah before they scrapped the molds. I'm guessing the only other change was the wheel backs may have been modified to fit the deeper tires, since the instructions don't seem to show any new wheels:

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/amt-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/pontiac/1961-1970/amt-the-polyglas-gasser/?view=roll#1

Anyone have an original Polyglas Gasser kit to compare the wheels?

The inner wheels are unchanged, as are the stock outers.  Those early Polyglas tires can be swapped back and forth with the Firestone Supremes that came in the annual kits; they're about the same size.  The optional wheels in the Polyglas Gasser are chromed rims similar to those in the '63 Galaxie kit.  They're different from the Moon discs in the original annual kits (convertible has plain ones; hardtop annual has six trim pieces on each one). 

I bought two of the Datsun Pickup's last night and they have been shipped ,  I bought them direct from Round 2 via their Autoworld store which they currently have a free shipping offer going on through Friday.

....Thanks for that info, and free shipping is the best shipping price too...lol....the Ace...:lol:

AMT-10811/25 1965 Lincoln Continental$31.95TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITSAMT-10871/25 1958 Edsel Pacer$31.95TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITSAMT-10901/25 Peterbilt Cabover 352 Pacemaker Tractor Cab$47.95TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITSAMT-10911/25 1966 Ford Fairlane GT$31.95TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITSAMT-10921/25 1962 Pontiac Catalina Polyglas Gasser II$31.95TBA
MPC-8871/25 Jeep Commando Mount 'N Goat$31.95TBA
MPC PLASTIC MODEL KITSMPC-8881/25 1986 Chevy El Camino SS w/Dirt Bike$31.95TBA

APLL-MKA291/25 Texaco, Standard, Chevron Trucking Graphics Decals

Am I the only one who noticed another price increase? $31.95 for a rerelease kit I have in my stash that I paid $2.00 for 45 years ago!  I'll pass on all.