Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Model Car Garage status...

I just heard this past weekend that a rather large hobby shop that carries lots of MCG items is having a problem getting more stuff from them.

Hi,

That's very unfortunate.  Bob the owner, was a very nice person to do business with.

Prompt, very good pricing etc...

Hi,

Just got word from Bob, just a tech glitch and he is VERY much in biz.

Thank god.

This is very good news indeed.  We do need him in our hobby.  These sets are a wonderful item for a scale model project.  They can truly make your model build POP!  It's not much fun when you drop one.

With Modelhaus gone the hobby is still here and will continue for awhile, even if a few more after market companies drop out also.

I don't think the sentiment is that when Modelhaus closed the hobby would collapse. Or that it will collapse when others close. I think the sentiment is that if you see something you want from an aftermarket company, buy it now, don't wait because they wont be around forever.

... I went to there site as they've excellent warez and sadly noticed a rather disheartening splash page.

Seems like the site was taken down.

I just bought some great stuff stuff from them a while back.  Hope it's simply a tech glitch.

There maybe an issue with your browser, I just went to MCG's site and nothing wrong at all. His site is working fine.