Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone know a Bill Stillwagon?

Met Bill one Saturday years ago at a M.A.M.A. meeting...he had brought some of his work...he started out as I recall doing classic lead sleds with beautiful finishes...soon branched out to even more original concepts tapping classic 50s styling...even with touches of art deco or futuristic cues.Besides the club meetings (  which unfortunately I haven't been able to attend frequently )  Ive seen his work at some of the local contests...and his work pops up in the modeling magazines and online now and then. I always found him to be quite helpful and informative  when asked about his modeling techniques. He is a true master of the craft.

Edited by styromaniac

On 10/19/2017 at 10:59 AM, aurfalien said:

Hi,

W0W!

Interesting how much talent seems to be in Maryland.  It's a hot bed of scale modeling holiness.

Just saw his bio an he lives in the same area I grew up in (Franconia/Alexandria).  I'm guessing we went to the same hobby shops at Springfield mall and a Five and dime store in Rose Hill shopping center and a hobby shop near Landmark.  NOVA has a ton of people but I lived in Maryland for five when I found MAMA and keep coming back for almost three decades.

IMG_1419.PNG

Edited by vamach1

• 11 months later...

I was on my lunchbreak today at the Barnes and Noble near Springfield Mall, perusing the car magazines when I realized the white haired gent standing next to me was none other than "The Bill Stillwagon". So I turn and say "Bill"? He turned and thankfully recognized me from the MAMA meetings of days gone by. Of course I had to extend my hand and commence with the "what have you been up to...what are you building ?" conversation. After a lengthy chat I can tell you he is just as enthusiastic and helpfully informative about the hobby as ever.

Edited by styromaniac

• 2 weeks later...