Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Too Many '69 Camaros and '32 Fords!"

The Dodge Neon and Olds Aurora were done as a promo at the time, by the same company. And didn't Polar Lights do the Holden GTO? I'll have to do some digging. But, I seem to remember buying one? 

I bought a full set of Brookfield Collector Guild Chryselr promos.  a NEON challenge race car, a 4 dr Neon, a 2 dr Neon, A Dodge Stratus, Chrysler Cirrus, and a Viper GTS coupe.  All curbside promos, but they were out there.   I have a diecast body Chrysler LHS from Brookfiled as well.  I could only afford one of the set at the time.  I missed the first gen Aurora but they are still available on ebay.  I sold the cloud cars to Faust on this board.  I miss them, but they went to live with a better family.  LOL.  Brookfield was doing some contemporary cars, but I think they got bought by Action or someone to make more NASCAR stuff, which was huge at the time.  

Someone also mentioned the Cherokee - Tamiya (?) did a Grand Cherokee back in the day.   Aoshima? did a nice Pathfinder and 4Runner as well with the tires that were sold as Satcos at that time.  I think Satco was the Aoshima importer or something like that?  I bought all of those as well.  Just things that were out of the mainstream, plus I was into 4x4s at the time and hated the Monster truck kits.  I put the Revellogram bass boat behind my 4Runner.  

Wouldn't it be nice to see a B-O-P version of the tri-5 chevies?  Would break up the constant 

Edited by randyc