Model Cars Magazine Forum

Racing Kart in 3D

Here's one for the 3D printers and other after-marketers out there.....I raced a kart for a few years on a paved track here in Georgia.  Did pretty well finishing fourth in the points a couple of seasons....missed the championship by 19 points when the hauler broke down on the way to the track.....

my question is simple.....who wants to take on the task of making a current type racing kart to scale (1:24/1:25)?  I bet that it would sell.....I figure it would be easy to do because almost all of the things required are on line to scale down.  parts?  chassis, four tires, seat, steering wheel, one cylinder motor and a body...as there are literally thousands of racers out there in the competitive world of oval track kart racing, I think it would be a seller....

I haven't seen anyone take up this type of model, not have they looked into legend cars or bandelero's....which I think is a crime as these are grassroots type racing.....look at Chase Elliott....I was in the pits working on our race cars and karts when he was racing with us in legends and late models....and see where he is now?

I think it's a missed opportunity that should be looked at.... I'd love to build a bunch of them to match what my son and I raced!!  Last thing....I'm still looking for a four cylinder ford engine (complete) because that's what we had in our mini-stocks.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...