Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball 2018 Theme Poll

Jantrix

2018 Cannonball Run theme poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the theme for next years Cannonball Run CBP.

• 4 cylinders ONLY
    • Inliners. 4, 6, 8, or 24. inline engines only
    • Pro-Touring
    • Oddballs
    • Vans - to include panel trucks but not sedan deliveries

Time to choose. Although this poll is open to the whole forum I would appreciate it if only those of you who plan to participate in the Community Build Project would vote.

25 Votes so far. Not bad. Since there's only two votes between first and second, I'll leave this open for another week or so to make sure everyone who wants to vote can.

This may end up a photo finish. 

Would this model be ok if it becomes Vans????

007.JPG

Well, it says “Van”

Van:a covered boxlike motor vehicle, typically having a rear door and sliding doors on the side panels, used for transporting goods or people.

...but is it really a sedan delivery?

Would this model be ok if it becomes Vans????

I'm glad you asked. I'm inclined to say no. In my opinion, that is clearly a sedan delivery. Sedan deliveries are based upon a passenger vehicle. Basically a paneled in station wagon. Panel trucks are based upon a pickup platform and are more in-line with the van theme. Please do a Google Image search to see the difference between a '38 Ford sedan delivery and a '38 Ford panel truck. Of course this is open for debate if you wish, but if we wanted sedan deliveries we should have picked a wagon theme.

1938 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery Image result for 38 ford panel truck

Transverse or longitudinal matter if its inlines? 

Nope. Go for it.

Edited by Jantrix

I'm glad you asked. I'm inclined to say no. In my opinion, that is clearly a sedan delivery. Sedan deliveries are based upon a passenger vehicle. Basically a paneled in station wagon. Panel trucks are based upon a pickup platform and are more in-line with the van theme. Please do a Google Image search to see the difference between a '38 Ford sedan delivery and a '38 Ford panel truck. Of course this is open for debate if you wish, but if we wanted sedan deliveries we should have picked a wagon theme.

1938 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery Image result for 38 ford panel truck

Nope. Go for it.

Just wanted to know before I got to excited about the model.