Model Cars Magazine Forum

Winning Ford GT's

Peter Lombardo

Peter...B)

I love them all, it is fantastic to see you've been busy!!!

I just finished the #98 car a few months back.

And I do remember Henry taking it to Enzo way back then, yes I am an old guy!

Curt, your beautiful build of #98 mentioned you got the decals from Pattos Place in Australia .... I needed that set and finally found where to get it from.... Thanks, your info helped me tremendously. 

I just discovered this post and I am sure glad you solved the photo problem. I am going to bookmark this so I can spend the required time to fully appreciate your fabulous GT40's and text. GT40's are probably my all time favorite racing car. The Thunder Valley kit was the first after market purchase I made over twenty years ago but still have not built it. One of these days I will get to building my ultimate GT40 which is the one raced by the Canadian Comstock Team.

I just discovered this post and I am sure glad you solved the photo problem. I am going to bookmark this so I can spend the required time to fully appreciate your fabulous GT40's and text. GT40's are probably my all time favorite racing car. The Thunder Valley kit was the first after market purchase I made over twenty years ago but still have not built it. One of these days I will get to building my ultimate GT40 which is the one raced by the Canadian Comstock Team.

I finally finished TV kit thanks to HRM and the Fujumi kit.

IMG_1119.JPG

Great to see the other GT40's you guys have posted....I always loved the roadster version of the car and the "Sebring" winner prototype just looks great.  Anyone with any GT40's, lets see them. Rex, very nice work there.... the white car looks like the early version of the GT... is that the Revell kit?  I have that kit but have not decided if I should give it a go because it is so "wonky" Your version looks pretty good, I may have to rethink starting it.  Great job on the 1969 winner too! 

OK, Peter you have forced me out in the open with your beautiful collection!  Once upon a time (2003?) I got over ambitious and decided to do a GT40 evolution collection and burned myself out before finishing it.  Still trying to finish it and have even added some more to build.  Thank you Peter and Rex for the inspiration.

DSCN0010.thumb.JPG.f8ee5ab7a920755b81123DSCN0006.thumb.JPG.988a7ac5d29c85b0ffa77

Peter, thank you so much for taking the time to type up that summary of the Ford GT40 program. It was an interesting read.

I recently purchased the Gulf livery Fujimi kit, and have the HRM engine kit and wide wheels/tires on order. I'm hopeful I can make mine look even a fraction as good as yours came out. Just excellent builds all around of this iconic group of vehicles. Thanks again for sharing