Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy...60’s custom

zaina

Picked this up at a show a couple weeks back and couldn’t help diving right in. Lowered stance and astros. I am thinking black and gold but that could change.  Got everything but the body ready for paint  

7D0C42DD-A5FB-4B1E-8610-9A0BE475C452.jpeg

02585CDB-87D0-47A5-9737-86BEDC399238.jpeg

Edited by zaina

Watching this with interest; the '57 Chevy is a hard body to customize well!

Agree completely. Except for shaving off much of the chrome gingerbread, there's little you can do to make it look better, IMHO. But hey, let's see what happens. B)

• 2 weeks later...

NICE work on that engine. It's tough to have one look that good blown up that big. The fuel line. generator wiring, vacuum line and fan belt all really make it pop. All in the right relative scale sizes too.

Totally agree. Correct-scale-appearance on the details is not often done so well! (Plug wires the size of garden hoses is a peeve of mine, and has ruined many an otherwise fine looking model.) Kudos as well for the correct factory placement of the plug wires, instead of the easy way out; laid over the valve covers. I will, however, forgive anyone a bit of scale cheating who tries to make a throttle return spring; they just never look quite right to me. You did as fine a job as I've seen, though! Really looking forward to what you do with the rest of the build...

I agree with everyone else on the level of engine detail. I can't remember anyone doing the vacuum advance line or the manifold heat riser before. No floating generator and even the correct spark plug wiring bracket at the rear of the head. I'd display the engine by it's self.