Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lincoln Continental Mark II

I  found one of those Mark II promos at a flea market for a decent price.  It has the friction motor and a two-tone interior (blue/cream).  Pretty straight except the roof and rear window, which are both warped. I'm thinking about cutting them off and calling it the prototype Mark II hardtop convertible.  These promos had die-cast metal bumpers/grille.

Continental-Mark-II-retractable-1954.jpg

Franklin Mint made one.  For what you'd spend on a warped promotional model, you should be able to scare one of them up on eBay or at an automotive swap meet.  Mine is in black, I'm not sure if other colors were offered.  If you want to customize or do a color change, look for a dusty or damaged one...those sell for much less than a "mint condition" one.

Here’s one I built from a Miller Memorabilia “kit”. Date on base plate is 1981. Rather crude, but looks decent on the shelf. Sam was one of the first resin casters that I know of, he passed away several years ago. Very nice man who offered subjects not available anywhere else. Just a very thin coat of resin backed by bondo. I built this in 81/82 when I got it. I’m sure he pulled the mold from the promo. I’ve got it “apart” just the body and base plate with wheels and tires attached to refresh it. Probably leave the original paint and redo the chrome. 

P.S. Sam loved his Studebakers!!!

Dennis

AC8611D1-F2E8-4B88-9D6D-ABEDF3E2657D.jpeg

F74ECD8D-FE21-4C93-AB42-0E6876113651.jpeg

C6231092-F40D-4C14-A4C4-AA095D79EC09.jpeg

35B30813-99B0-4A26-851E-A690044A6E89.jpeg

Franklin Mint made one.  For what you'd spend on a warped promotional model, you should be able to scare one of them up on eBay or at an automotive swap meet.  Mine is in black, I'm not sure if other colors were offered.  If you want to customize or do a color change, look for a dusty or damaged one...those sell for much less than a "mint condition" one.

In 1/24 scale, Franklin Mint made four coupes in black, Honolulu blue, Dubonnet red, and Starmist white. They made one convertible in teal and in 1/43 scale they made a black coupe. The black coupes are the most common and can be found on eBay in pretty good shape for less than $50.

Edited by THarrison351