Model Cars Magazine Forum

Harley "Street-Rod Trike"

E St. Kruiser50

Here's one of those fun projects that I love to do ;).

Never built a motorcycle kit before, so before Wal...... closed everything out, I got a few of the Revell kits. What beautiful kits these are. Tons of CHROME. " I LOVE CHROME"!!! :lol:.

Anyhow, you guys know how it goes. You open the box and your brain goes crazy and the "JUICES FLOW" - LOL :huh:

Well, after I cleaned up all the slobber :lol:, and started playing, this is what I ended up with.

I chopped the frame and re-shaped it. Kicked the forks out just a tad, widened the rear fender with that "FAT BOY" look, and built a seat for it. I shortened the exhausts and re-plated them with my chrome system. Added some chrome cable, some matching 30's on the rear, some Tamiya Slime-time-Lime :lol:, some clear, and some flames.

I got a few more of these and I'm just gonna hafta do this again ;)

2008_0329Photobucket10025.jpg

2008_0329Photobucket10026.jpg

2008_0329Photobucket10027.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

That does indeed look like fun! I remember seeing so many of those 'chopper' kits reduced to real low prices before Uncle Wally stopped selling model kits and could kick myself for not grabbing a bunch of them!

Really outstanding job and nothing beats tons of chrome right? :huh: You da Chrometreeman! Great work and keep up the good work Dave! ;)

~ Jeff

That does indeed look like fun! I remember seeing so many of those 'chopper' kits reduced to real low prices before Uncle Wally stopped selling model kits and could kick myself for not grabbing a bunch of them!

Really outstanding job and nothing beats tons of chrome right? ;) You da Chrometreeman! Great work and keep up the good work Dave! :D

~ Jeff

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THEY QUIT SELLING MODEL KITS??? I had no idea until a few months ago when I got laid-off and decided to start building again..... I was quite ANGRY!!!! :lol::lol: I totally MISSED the opporotunity to buy some good kits cheap!!