Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram TD Son Of Ford

TooOld

It's been a while since I've posted anything here but the last month or so I've been restoring this old survivor of mine . I actually disassembled it a few years ago but never got any further .

Now it's restored and built completely box stock except for the tire lettering decals from Fireball Modelworks and a home made license plate , and I modified the front for poseable steering . The plastic has been polished and cleared , the rest was painted to match the box art .

This is what I started with . I decided not to use the decals . . . definitely 70's but a little too much for my taste .

The finished chassis .

Some more finshed photos .

Yes indeed,

Looking at the original bunch of AMT kits as well. '32 Fords, "36,'40 coupe/Sedan

Hi,

It would be very cool if Round2 or Revell released a trio kit box of sorts.

Like a trio of an epic/legendary hot rod chronologically or a trio of same period hot rods from different makers.

nice builds ;)

Thanks !

Hi,

Waaaaaaawoooooo!

Very very righteous.  This is influencing to get a few of these period pieces as they seem very very very cool.

I love the exhaust of that 32' Roadster.

Thanks ! And yes these old Monogram kits are pretty cool , but they're hard to find nowdays and can be pricey !

Yes indeed,

Looking at the original bunch of AMT kits as well. '32 Fords, "36,'40 coupe/Sedan

Thanks Greg !  I've got a few of the AMT kits on my radar too !