Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Mystery Part I.D. Help Needed, Please, Topic

It does seem like it'd be from some type of high end model (Continental, Imperial, etc) with such a fancy seat design on it. I thought AMT Monte Carlo, but those all seam to be molded with the console. Most of the early AMT Continentals have a full tub interior with the seats molded in, and the '65 Continental is very similar, but the center section looks different looking at the part on an eBay listing.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know where this molded in lime green then plated piece, which has a slight taper along the long dimension (~1" long) came from? It looks like the lime green plastic Monogram molded a few kits with in the '70s (Horn Toad, Poison Pinto, Duster's Last Stand F/C, T'rantula, etc), but it doesn't ring any bells for me. It looks like a split rear spoiler, bumperette (I though Pinto Street Rod, but no), or ????

WP_20171106_007.jpg

WP_20171106_008.jpg

That is a custom grille insert from the MPC '70 Cuda annual (one of a pair).     

How about this one...

I'm guessing late '70s or early '80s RWD hatchback or fastback of some sort (based on the exposed/carpeted rear floor/cargo area), AMT or MPC. Rear has a 4-link suspension, front upper A-arms, looks like a 4-seater. I think I've ruled out Monza, Mustang II, Pinto, GM F-body, and MPC Toyota Supra. :blink:

WP_20171108_010.jpg

WP_20171108_011.jpg

WP_20171108_012.jpg

MPC '79-'88 Mustang (Mustang III?)

Easy one. MPC '67 Corvette coupe, possibly an original annual issue, but also just as likey from one of its many reissues. 

I'd go with the annual...I've got a couple of different reissues, and I don't think any of them have the "427" on the scoop because all of them have small-block engines.