• Announcements

• Site Upgrade   11/18/2017

The Forums will be down, Friday, November 24th starting 8 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online.  Update: I've had a medical issue come up, and this window might not get used. If it doesn't, I'll push the maintenance back to Saturday, 2 December. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Delete thank you!

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm in need of four tires and the four Crager s/s mags have trade or $  .  I need these parts to complete this kit so I can build it!

Edited by Mr mopar

Posted

Which tires were used in this kit- Goodyear or Firestone? Are all four the same width, or are the front tires narrower?

I have three chrome plated Cragar S/S wheels from an unknown 1/20 scale kit, and they are definitely not from the Popcorn Wagon. I can't seem to find any close up images of what the Cragar S/S wheels in the Shalako kit are supposed to look like, so here's what I have and I'll let you decide if they are what you are looking for, Doug. All three are identical, but one is dusty/dirty:

WP_20171024_001.jpg

WP_20171024_002.jpg

Posted (edited)

Thanks Casey ,from what I can see the Shalako mag wheels have a separate center cap ! and firestones are used in the kit.

ppo.jpg

Edited by Mr mopar

Posted

Hmmm, the wheels I have don't have the axle rod mounting stud on the back, so they must be from another 1/20 scale kit.

I do have the tires if you strike out elsewhere. They all appear to be the same width, correct?

Posted

Maybe from this?

Image result for mpc 1/20 altered

Image result for mpc 1/20 altered

Posted

Hmmm, the wheels I have don't have the axle rod mounting stud on the back, so they must be from another 1/20 scale kit.

I do have the tires if you strike out elsewhere. They all appear to be the same width, correct?

that is correct the same size . they also come in the Barris rickshaw .

Posted

Could be this kit,, or a similar show rod.

Even though the kit is 1/25, the back wheels are 1/20. They look exactly like the ones in Casey's pics.

Image result for mpc creepy t

Posted

Could be this kit,, or a similar show rod.

Even though the kit is 1/25, the back wheels are 1/20. They look exactly like the ones in Casey's pics.

Image result for mpc creepy t

I think they may fit ,but I would need two of those kits ?

Posted

How about the IMC Dune Buggy? Not my kit

Image result for MPC Shalako

Posted

How about the IMC Dune Buggy? Not my kit

Those wheels aren't from the IMC kit, but they look like what Doug is looking for.

Steve is right-- the three wheels I have are from the Creep T kit, which makes sense, as the chrome on two of mine is really nice, and must be from a semi-recent kit. The don't have the mounting stud on the backside like the stock Shalako's Cragar S/S wheels do, but the do have an integrally molded center cap without the Cragar logo.

Doug, the Ricksha kit includes some multi-spoke wheels, so no help there, either.

Posted (edited)

Those wheels aren't from the IMC kit, but they look like what Doug is looking for.

Steve is right-- the three wheels I have are from the Creep T kit, which makes sense, as the chrome on two of mine is really nice, and must be from a semi-recent kit. The don't have the mounting stud on the backside like the stock Shalako's Cragar S/S wheels do, but the do have an integrally molded center cap without the Cragar logo.

Doug, the Ricksha kit includes some multi-spoke wheels, so no help there, either.

the tires from the Ricksha are the right tires ,and yes that red dune buggy has the wheels and tires from the Shalako .

Edited by Mr mopar

Posted (edited)

How are you with the Molotov chrome pens, Doug? :D

WP_20171025_030.jpg

WP_20171025_029.jpg

The heavily glued wheel at the bottom right is good on the face, so all four should be good to refinish.

Edited by Casey

Posted

How are you with the Molotov chrome pens, Doug? :D

WP_20171025_030.jpg

WP_20171025_029.jpg

The heavily glued wheel at the bottom right is good on the face, so all four should be good to refinish.

sweet you found them Awesome are you going to casted them up or Trade them?

Posted

PM sent