Model Cars Magazine Forum

Unusual Different Build

The front grill seems like it's having an identity crisis. Might look better if they just stuck with a reshaped '50 Ford nose.
The early half of the blend is the body itself. The later half of the blend is what makes the deal. To that idea, I would use a chopped down windscreen from a '50 Ford. 
Overall, a great idea. 

Frankly, I'd rather have the '73 Monte Carlo (skip the flame job, I'd build it stock).

That whole "take the rear half of a later body, narrow it down and make a highboy" thing is a a fad I hope ends soon. I'd like it a lot better with some kind of original '20s-'30s roadster or coupe body.

I've seen worse. I think the body is so smooth (no door lines) that it ends up looking cartoony, which I've never appreciated even in Roth's work. The headlights are way over the top. The blower is biggest eyesore to me. He could have done about anything else and been fine.

I've seen worse. I think the body is so smooth (no door lines) that it ends up looking cartoony, which I've never appreciated even in Roth's work. The headlights are way over the top. The blower is biggest eyesore to me. He could have done about anything else and been fine.

I'm with you. IMHO it's a flawed execution of what could be an interesting concept.

...IMHO it's a flawed execution of what could be an interesting concept.

There have been several cars built along similar lines, using later-model tails, narrowed, grafted to "traditional" rods, and some of them looked pretty damm good.

This one's not too bad...

Related image

This design by Sean Smith takes the basic concept farther...

Image result for rat rod from late model car

Edited by Ace-Garageguy