Model Cars Magazine Forum
mchook

65 Pontiac GTO el camino style

Of all the GTO's I always thought the 65 would be the best candidate for and El Camino version. Your beautiful results confirm it.

This is a great looking phantom! I like a good phantom that looks like it rolled right out of the factory. I have a spare '65 ElCamino body to try on a '65 GTO....one of these days!

Very cool!  A convincing phantom.  Someone gave me an El Camino, so a project like this will always haunt me.

GTO Camino.jpg

This has got me ready to start whacking plastic!! LoL

Nice conversion. very well executed And color choice. Great attention to the details. I have a few ideas for phantoms like this, but my skills haven't progressed to where i'd feel comfortable attempting them. Not being critical, just an opinion, to my eye, the roof looks a little short in proportion to the length of the body.  Still a great build. I'd be proud  to be able to achieve this kind of work. 

Nice conversion, I must say that I have had my thoughts many times about how this would look, appearantly it looks great. :P

Never saw this when it was first posted but really like what you've done with this one. Masterful work.

I'm not sure how it's back on the 1st page, but thanks guys.

BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH that is really nice. Looks like something the factory could have put out. I admire your skills ??

I especially like the swoop of the C-pillar, it looks nicer on the Elky than the coupe!

Looks great, I have been toying with the idea of building this exact vehicle.  Years ago I converted a Plymouth GTX into a pickup, maybe time for me to do it again and follow what you did here.  Looks like it could have come from the factory as it is.   nice.