Model Cars Magazine Forum

HL Irk

gbdolfans

Hi All, some time ago, I went into HL to look. There was a square display with some kits really marked down.There were a couple of Fuzz Busters on sale for $5.99 each. I know I should have gotten them then.

I went back into store last week and they had 2 of the same kits in the Clearance corner of store.These did not have the sale stickers of $5.99 on them,just the regular retail. I picked them up and asked a salesperson if they were on sale. She got the Assistant Manager who said someone must have just put them there.After asking if he could do something,he said since they didn't have a sale sticker on them,he couldn't do anything. I asked if he could look them up and he said the paperwork has been sent in and again could do nothing.

I think this is terrible customer service,and I haven't been in store since.

I think my next e-mail should go to corporate.What do you all think??

George

Well George, you admitted that you should have bought them, and many of us agree with you.

It's a shame that management couldn't/wouldn't do something, but in the grand scheme of things in a store that size, they figure you'll either buy them or not and they have other fish to fry.

Like someone said a long time ago talking about this hobby- if you see something you like and want, get it as it might not be there tomorrow! That was mainly directed at resin items, but the same can be said for kits.

I agree with all of you. It was my fault that I didn't get them when I saw them.

I was just upset that the Manager would not do anything. I would not think if they were marked all of the way down to $5.99,that they would go back to full retail.

Oh well,my loss,and I know the lesson learned.

I think that may be due to individual store management, as the HL near me doesn't do things that way. Once they hit the sale table, from there they go to clearance with an even lower price.

I've been guilty in the past of not grabbing something when I should have. Usually, though, it's because somebody else gets before I can get back!

With 40% off every non close out  item 6 days a week......and the close out deals like recent kits under $10.....I'll still shop every chance I have.....and it's a 1.5 hour drive for me.  I've missed deals before too....it happens.....I still kick myself daily for not buying a real NASCAR Daytona Charger from Tiger Tom Pistone back in 1977 (Dave Marcis car) for $4K because I thought it was too much......live and learn. :(

I still kick myself daily for not buying a real NASCAR Daytona Charger from Tiger Tom Pistone back in 1977

Yep, I've been complaining about the high cost of model cars since they went to $6 :lol:.  Truth is, when I used to buy them at drastic markdowns, they were purchases of opportunity and I still haven't built most of them, so I've learned restraint and just admit that I don't need more kits regardless of price. If I need a particular kit, I'll pay the going rate.

Even if you think you'll resell them online and make a couple extra bucks, it's hardly worth the effort.

• 1 month later...