Model Cars Magazine Forum

Battery detailing?

I scratch-built the AUTOLITE battery (and its tray)for my model of 298 AC Cobra. Keep in mind that it is 1:43 scale. I simply drilled through the posts and inserted the cables. It would be tough to make the clamps in 1:43 scale, and besides, once the body is installed the battery is mostly hidden from view.

InteriorTub02_zpsa50cea19.thumb.jpg.5165

EngineChassis09_zpsba62a894.thumb.jpg.0b

I used to use the PE battery cable ends, yet they were still too two dimensional for my taste. A recent discovery has been the resin cable ends from R&M. They are easy to use with a stout shaft that attaches it to the battery and a small hole already provided for the cable to be cemented into. For my money this is the way to go!

Cheers Misha

IMG_5722.JPG

Hi Richard,

It's quite reasonable at $7.50 for a dozen, good for six batteries. Though up north in Canada we add exchange and if Customs takes a look there are further costs... so it's closer to eleven bucks for Canucks.

Cheers Misha

I used to use the PE battery cable ends, yet they were still too two dimensional for my taste. A recent discovery has been the resin cable ends from R&M. They are easy to use with a stout shaft that attaches it to the battery and a small hole already provided for the cable to be cemented into. For my money this is the way to go!

Cheers Misha

IMG_5722.JPG

I agree, photo etch ones look horrible....fake. I usually make mine out of styrene stock, but these are pretty BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH sweet!  -thanks for sharing!