Model Cars Magazine Forum

Loader Cat 966C

• 11 months later...

Bonjour Alain,

This is a very interesting project and I'm always impressed of what parts and models you scratch together.

I hope you don't mind if I have a couple of questions about the parts you use. So here they are:

Where did you get the drawing of the frame and even more interesting where did you get the dimensions of it?

I always experience the difficulty to get hold of any dimensions of truck parts especially when it is a vehicle from Caterpillar. They don't even answer my emails!

What engine did you use for the loader? Where did you get that?

Where did you get the wheels and tires for it?

I'm really curious about the next update, so please don't wait too long.

Thanks very much and take care,

Juergen

On 05/10/2018 at 10:28 AM, HJK said:

Bonjour Alain,

This is a very interesting project and I'm always impressed of what parts and models you scratch together.

I hope you don't mind if I have a couple of questions about the parts you use. So here they are:

Where did you get the drawing of the frame and even more interesting where did you get the dimensions of it?

I always experience the difficulty to get hold of any dimensions of truck parts especially when it is a vehicle from Caterpillar. They don't even answer my emails!

What engine did you use for the loader? Where did you get that?

Where did you get the wheels and tires for it?

I'm really curious about the next update, so please don't wait too long.

Thanks very much and take care,

Juergen

Hello Hans. For drawings it's me who made all the sketches, a friend helped me by giving me a certain number of dimensions. A contact at CAT gave me shemas frams front and back. I took a lot of pictures on real 966C.

It's true that CAT does not want to know anything about the modeler, I have a friend at a CAT dealer. CAT likes to send letters of law to those who make parts for models that help them. The engine that I used is a 3406 it's not this engine that there is in the real 966C but everything is possible in life and it is possible to place it in the fram of one. 966C. This engine is found in Revell Snap kits.

Wheels and tires are our creations my son and me. We sell them on our website: www.Papyhobby.com

I hope these answers satisfy you.

• 2 weeks later...

My my advanced cab, I am waiting for a confirmation from my client for the extension of the sun cover on the front of the roof. I have to place the two small parts in front of the cab under the black line. Their angle is different from the big one. part.

p1160126.jpg

p1160210.jpg

p1160211.jpg

• 5 weeks later...