Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why aren't pictures showing

my66s55

So, what was the solution. It might be helpful to tothers (more so than just "problem solved").

Funny thing is that I have just been reading the forum for a while (problem-free) until I just into the same issue in http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/127199-big-scale-e100-pickup/?do=findComment&comment=1845300

This is what I see in that post:

ScaleAutoProblem001.thumb.png.5daf8bb733

• 3 years later...

Thought I'd post here instead of starting a new thread. I remember the site went through an update where the pictures now take time to load, that's ok, but has something been changed again? When viewing others posts, the pictures aren't loading at all only one or two if I'm lucky. Anyone else having issues with pictures not loading lately? Might be a problem my end, who knows, but it's been like this for two or three days now.

Sometimes people upload HUGE files to this site, rather than resizing and using a lower resolution. Those files will take a long time to load, especially over a poor connection or WiFi. Then this will be compounded when someone quotes the post and keeps all the large photos in the quoted text. This is one possible cause to the problem.

Is there any way to have the forum software downsample the uploaded files automatically during upload?  Another forum I frequent does that.

And someone quoting a thread with  dozen of large photos, just to reply with "Nice!" or "Good job!" really peeves me!  Especially, is several people do that. My scroll wheel finger gets a lot of exercise. I guess smart phone users just swipe the screen.

On 2/28/2021 at 1:02 PM, doorsovdoon said:

Thought I'd post here instead of starting a new thread. I remember the site went through an update where the pictures now take time to load, that's ok, but has something been changed again? When viewing others posts, the pictures aren't loading at all only one or two if I'm lucky. Anyone else having issues with pictures not loading lately? Might be a problem my end, who knows, but it's been like this for two or three days now.

Just over the past couple of days I have noticed it seems to take forever for pictures to load, I am talking 30-45 seconds for one picture to load.  Is this part of the update, or do I need to have a discussion with my internet provider?

On 11/1/2017 at 4:39 PM, my66s55 said:

What browser are you using? I’d also try clearing your browser cache. One thing we’ve noticed over the years is that some things get corrupted outside of our control and it messes everything up.