Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Cougar - Modelhaus

RestoModGuy

Hey, I have both the IMC and the later Union kits, both unbuilt. If there's any info or pics you need of anything involved with those kits, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. I also have an extensive collection of the VW from Hot Wheels, including some duplicates that are in storage. If you need a clean example of one, just pm me your address and I'll shoot one over to you. 

Mike 

Wow! that's impressive! You should build one of your kits, all you really need are the Pegasus "T's" big and little's, a red and black Sharpie, you'd have a 1/25 tribute Hot Wheel. Thanks for the offer to send one out for reference, much appreciated, I'll see how far I can get with pictures I have filed from some of the Redline groups when I first started researching doing these.

Beautiful build! Color is great, & the stance just right. As much as I like the Pegasus T rims, they're just the slightest bit "off" appearing to me here. I like 'em on your Cougar, but just a bit less than everything else i like about it. Either way, that looks very sharp, my minor quibbles aside!

Hey, I have both the IMC and the later Union kits, both unbuilt. If there's any info or pics you need of anything involved with those kits, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. I also have an extensive collection of the VW from Hot Wheels, including some duplicates that are in storage. If you need a clean example of one, just pm me your address and I'll shoot one over to you. 

Mike 2017-11-10_12.01.07.thumb.jpg.87964606d1

2017-11-10_12.02.00.thumb.jpg.f8a8ceddba

Wow! That's a lot of bugs.

• 11 months later...

Gorgeous model, and I love the color combination!

I do have a question: would a 1:1 car with white interior also have white dashboard pad?  Wouldn't that cause all sorts of nasty reflections of the bright dash on the windshield under certain lighting conditions?  I own a 1:1 car with white interior (dark-blue carpet and some interior trim) and the dash pad is also dark blue.

Edited by peteski

5 hours ago, peteski said:

Gorgeous model, and I love the color combination!

I do have a question: would a 1:1 car with white interior also have white dashboard pad?  Wouldn't that cause all sorts of nasty reflections of the bright dash on the windshield under certain lighting conditions?  I own a 1:1 car with white interior (dark-blue carpet and some interior trim) and the dash pad is also dark blue.

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, the white dash would not have been a factory color with the white interior. When I first built this model I was intending it to be a Hot Wheels tribute build, which has all white interior. I changed my mind to not make it an actual Hot Wheels tribute build after i had completed the model and could not change the dash pad to black color. here is the Cougar I actually made into a Hot Wheels tribute with the brown interior after this one was built 

DSCN3085.JPG.10df707c30777bf6894fe0bb64346b4b.JPG

11 hours ago, RestoModGuy said:

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, the white dash would not have been a factory color with the white interior. When I first built this model I was intending it to be a Hot Wheels tribute build, which has all white interior. I changed my mind to not make it an actual Hot Wheels tribute build after i had completed the model and could not change the dash pad to black color. here is the Cougar I actually made into a Hot Wheels tribute with the brown interior after this one was built 

DSCN3085.JPG.10df707c30777bf6894fe0bb64346b4b.JPG

Ah, ok. That makes sense. The tribute version is also beautiful!