Model Cars Magazine Forum

DanModels

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just started my 850 Ford. Unfortunately I didn’t look at it close when it arrived, life was very busy and I was just glad that it came. It is definitely not from the same master as the one pictured above nor is the quality up to the one above. I am not saying that you shouldn’t buy one, I am just saying be aware that you most likely won’t get what is in the picture, and that evidently that the one pictured doesn’t exist any more.

9 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I just started my 850 Ford. Unfortunately I didn’t look at it close when it arrived, life was very busy and I was just glad that it came. It is definitely not from the same master as the one pictured above nor is the quality up to the one above. I am not saying that you shouldn’t buy one, I am just saying be aware that you most likely won’t get what is in the picture, and that evidently that the one pictured doesn’t exist any more.

Can you post some pics of what you have? I'd be interested in seeing specific details, etc.

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Can you post some pics of what you have? I'd be interested in seeing specific details, etc.

I’m building it as a T8000, there is a build thread with pictures, but I will post one here. The roof is the worst part. If you go to my build thread, another member posted pictures of his cab that actually looks like the stock photo and you can see the differences.

5EE427CD-7F6C-46E2-BC5F-F5E792F98D27.jpeg.56921b703f335edb80bd76002d4fd9b0.jpeg

21 minutes ago, JEKO56 said:

Thats not one of DAN Models cabs!!!

I agree, but it looks like Brian updated his Workbench topic to reflect that it isn't a Dan Models cab.

I think Dan Models only sells direct, but it's always possible to buy second hand.

Edited by Casey

31 minutes ago, JEKO56 said:

Thats not one of DAN Models cabs!!!

It is listed as cipmodels on eBay. It is the same one that posted all his kit including the Kenworth in the link above. It was shipped from Romania. It was the same stock photo. It came with the same photo etch. I agree it is not the same cab.

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

I agree, but it looks like Brian updated his Workbench topic to reflect that it isn't a Dan Models cab.

I think Dan Models only sells direct, but it's always possible to buy second hand.

I ordered it from eBay from the same seller in the link above from Romania. It is still in the box it was shipped in. For the sake of argument I sent the eBay seller a message to ask if they were Dan Models or just a dealer. I also asked leaf springs if his was still in the box to compare addresses. I purchased it thinking that I was getting it straight from Dans models based on others experience. I’m not trying to spread negativity, but this is definitely not what it was represented as. If we can find out what happened maybe it will help someone else not have the same problem.

Thanks for you guys input.

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

4 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I ordered it from eBay from the same seller in the link above from Romania. It is still in the box it was shipped in. For the sake of argument I sent the eBay seller a message to ask if they were Dan Models or just a dealer. I also asked leaf springs if his was still in the box to compare addresses. I purchased it thinking that I was getting it straight from Dans models based on others experience. I’m not trying to spread negativity, but this is definitely not what it was represented as. If we can find out what happened maybe it will help someone else not have the same problem.

Thanks for you guys input.

No, thank you for providing details. If it is from Dan Models we should all have good reason to be cautious. What you received is significantly different than what it should be, and does appear to be of lesser quality than what others have received and what is shown in the listing. Granted, that appears to be an early cast or possibly the master with p/e parts in place, but still, the grey cab you received is not on that same quality level.

I would definitely try to get a replacement.

41 minutes ago, Casey said:

No, thank you for providing details. If it is from Dan Models we should all have good reason to be cautious. What you received is significantly different than what it should be, and does appear to be of lesser quality than what others have received and what is shown in the listing. Granted, that appears to be an early cast or possibly the master with p/e parts in place, but still, the grey cab you received is not on that same quality level.

I would definitely try to get a replacement.

I have sent a message back to his son. I ordered it in July and we’ll now it is January. I glanced at it then, but most of it was wrapped in plastic. It went into the closet until now. I  I asked him if a new mold with a new master was used or what happened. I didn’t ask for anything because I should have checked it six months ago. We’ll see what he says. I think that I can work with it, but it is clearly a different cab.