Model Cars Magazine Forum

DanModels

Dan’s son contacted me back. He said that the original Ford 850 in the stock photo was not 100% accurate and that the cab that I received pictured above, was the replacement cab. He said that after talking to Dan that they would be going back to the old cab, and that if I would bear with them, that he would send me a cab cast from the old cab.

4 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Dan’s son contacted me back. He said that the original Ford 850 in the stock photo was not 100% accurate and that the cab that I received pictured above, was the replacement cab. He said that after talking to Dan that they would be going back to the old cab, and that if I would bear with them, that he would send me a cab cast from the old cab.

This does not give me warm fuzzy feelings about buying from them.....

9 minutes ago, Rodent said:

This does not give me warm fuzzy feelings about buying from them.....

I will post pictures when or if I receive another cab. I’ll have a better feeling if that time comes, but the cab I received already is most definitely not an improvement. 
 At the moment I am attempting to repair the cab that I received. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just an update. I never received another cab and since it has been 4 months, I don’t think that I will. However, I was able to salvage the cab that I originally received, so all is good. I still won’t be ordering anything else from Dan’s in the future simply because of what I feel was misrepresentation on their part.

IMO, it appears your order was caught in a transition Brian. Something happened to the original cab tooling. They should have notified you of the problem and  allow you to cancel your order. Instead they slopped together a replacement that was not the same quality of the original. There still may be hope, retooling another cab takes time. Another issue may be a different business philosophy between Dan ( father ) and Cip (  son ). When I bought mine on ebay, they were sold by Dan models, now they are only sold by Cip models. I'm very happy with my F series and  N series Ford cabs, they are equal to or  may even be better than  Modelhaus pieces, which are now very coveted pieces by collectors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 8:10 AM, brian falcone said:

I bought some 1/50 resin trucks from him years back and they blew away anything else on the market. His stuff is usually top notch

Sad thing is his resin he used on my 1/48 scale trucks was junk and warped in temperature controlled room. Don Mills warned me about his resin castings. Although there nice there really useless after about a year the problems start. 

• 2 years later...