Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Model A 823c

It turned out really well. No wonder you're pleased, despite the lumps and bumps along the way. The stance, or course, is what, over time, will make this model stand out. It should be a reference for anyone trying to remedy the dreadful "sit" of the Revell kit original. Naturally, we all can't help but be impressed by the up-top and the Y-block, both powerful style elements that are sure to please. But to me the hood and side panels, and their excellent fit, are worthy of special notice - it's no simple matter when adapting a deuce hood to an A-V8. I'll need to go back to the w.i.p. to see how you cut the hood in particular to get the width to match correctly at the cowl. Also the louver job on the hood is definitely non-trivial (and a cause once more to ask why this sort of piece isn't available in the aftermarket...) and adds tremendously to the total look. And finally, the weathering which, as already noted, is so true to the Rolling Bones style, looked a bit raw in the w.i.p. photos but has now settled in and is all tied in nicely to the total appearance and works a treat! Bravo!

Thanks for the comments, glad you like it. 

I like the build style. I agree with Tulio, it's nice to see a Ford in a Ford once in a while. Did the manifold and carbs come from Harts Parts ?

I made the intake from the stock one that comes with the revell 57 ford. The carbs are from the revell parts pack Cadillac engine. 

Also the louver job on the hood is definitely non-trivial (and a cause once more to ask why this sort of piece isn't available in the aftermarket...) and adds tremendously to the total look.

I've said this numerous times myself, can't believe there isn't any aftermarket louvered hoods. I'm surprised revell never offered a louvered hood in their 32 kits.