[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes, I have.  The engine sits correctly in its mounts and there is no fan on the pulleys.  There is an electric fan mounted on the radiator and the engine sits fairy close to the radiator.  If I remember correctly for the actually build on Overhaulin', space in the engine bay was at a premium due to the engine size and placement.

Yes, I have.  The engine sits correctly in its mounts and there is no fan on the pulleys.  There is an electric fan mounted on the radiator and the engine sits fairy close to the radiator.  If I remember correctly for the actually build on Overhaulin', space in the engine bay was at a premium due to the engine size and placement

Thanks for the info on yours. Mine are tight to each other and it doesnt seem possible to mis-mount the the engine. so I'll have a look at the fitment of how I attached the pulley and belts to the block.  

Edited by djflyer

Thanks for the info on yours. Mine are tight to each other and it doesnt seem possible to mis-mount the the engine. so I'll have a look at the fitment of how I attached the pulley and belts to the block.  

On the engine sides are two small "blades" about 3/8ths inch back from the front of the engine block and those sit in a groove on the chassis.  Those are your front engine mounts.  The transmission mount should sit on the transmission mount slot.

FD100 34.JPG

FD100 35.JPG

FD100 36.JPG

I got the wheels painted with Tamiya TS-42 Light Gun Metal and trimmed with rim edge with my Molotow Liquid Chrome Pen.  I painted the side panels and dash with Tamiya TS-48 German Grey.  Not shown is the seat which was painted with the same paint.  The exhaust and the radiator where painted with Model Master Aluminium Plate Metalizer and then coated with Testors Semi Gloss Clear.

More to come...

FD100 31.JPG

FD100 32.JPG

FD100 33.JPG

I applied the decals to the air cleaner and valve covers this morning.  I'll let these dry awhile, then spray some gloss clear over them.  I applied some decals to the engine and installed the MAD distributor.  Once the valve covers are on, I'll run the wires to the heads.  The wheels and disc brakes are all glued on so this FD100 is not going to roll off the table and hit the floor.  I did a mockup to check the stance and I like it!

More to come...

FD100 40.JPG

FD100 41.JPG

Fd100 42.JPG

Nice color combo with the paint and wheels, looking good! 

The weather this week will be perfect for painting,, I should get busy so I can build over the holidays!

Thank you Mike!  I need to get to wet-sanding the body, finishing the engine, and the rest of the kit.  Any issues I have had with this kit has been mostly of my doing like body work.  I'm hoping to be able to get this build to 90-95% done this week.

I wet-sanded the body to get rid of the trash and unevenness in the paint.  My goal was to prep the body for another coat of paint.  The 427 R Roush engine is now wired and installed in the chassis.  And, the interior is complete.

More to come...

FD100 43.JPG

FD100 44.JPG

FD100 45.JPG

Looking good, Mike... looking real good.

Thanks Jeremy!

The engine installation is complete with the upper radiator hose detailed and installed.  I had almost forgotten the coil-over shocks for the front suspension.

More to come...

FD100 46.JPG

FD100 47.JPG

FD100 48.JPG

Mike, you are one of those who help in making my mind up about many kits. Now to just get about half as good as you... 

Thank you David and Jeremy!

Jeremy, I appreciate the kind words, but I consider myself a hack like anybody else!  I'm just trying to build a better model car!  But, if what I do and how I do it inspires you to purchase and build a specific model car or truck, then I do thank you and I hope that your build is just as good as mine or even better!

I spent a lot of time discussing my paint issues with some members of my model club Saturday at our meeting.  I have come to the conclusion that the Tamiya Fine Surface Primer has had a formula change and it is not a good as it use to be.  The hot hobby Testors One Coat Lacquer had mixed with the Tamiya primer instead of lying on top of it like it should.  I was advised to get some DupliColor primer and use that instead.  Since I have go out and run some errands today, I'll stop by the auto parts store and pick up some DupliColor primer.