Model Cars Magazine Forum

SKYLINE 1971 GT AOSHIMA HELP AND QUESTION....

Hello boys, and especially to you Skyline / tuner experts.....I have recently been working on a couple of Japanese sports car kits, a bit of a departure for me, and have come across a puzzling question ..... Aoshima kit no.46, 1971 Skyline GT GC10 that was recently reissued some months back is just loaded with lots of goodies and extra parts galore, and one of the white parts trees indicates the 'GT section' for the suggested kit build , plus a 'GT-R' parts section nicely included as well,,,, but in between all those parts is a very nice mesh style grill with angled lenses, and a neat tail light rear panel sporting 3 clear lenses per side.....question is, in searching photos and details about the actual cars, I have yet to see that tail panel on any 1-1 car...the grill mentioned, of course seems fairly common for race car use and street tuner use as well....but ,can anybody fill me in on that tri-lamp tail panel I mention.... just unsure if it was used on a certain year of similar Skylines of that era, or its a custom option....oh, sorry but I can't post photos of the parts as I presently have no camera......thanks in advance, gents.....the Ace...:D

Edited by AC Norton
text

Aoshima doesn't gate off their runners when they reissue kits, so it has most of the parts - except the over fenders and 14" wheels & tires - to build out the Grand Champions kit that Erik is showing.

....For sure on that note, and thanks James for commenting.....I just was wondering if the rear tail light panel in question, regardless of the kit above that uses it,  was a stock Skyline panel for some year or trim level, or just a 'custom' part for a tuner style build....the Ace...^_^

Edited by AC Norton