Model Cars Magazine Forum

NEW 1/24 TAMIYA AMG GT3

Samuel S

Hi guys, 

I preped the body. 

-air scoops and bumpers glued together

-sanded the whole car down 800 - 1000- 1500 - 2000

ENJOY!

DSC_0022.thumb.JPG.406d6236a2cae0faf11aaDSC_0023.thumb.JPG.ed8e0707894cf4bf398a6DSC_0024.thumb.JPG.9cb3ad2962013d90a2e94

Bad focus lol

DSC_0025.thumb.JPG.15fb700d53999956b8edc

NOTE : I did not scribe or deepend the mold line.  This is how good it looks without doing any panel line work after gluing.  No wonder why I love Tamiya so much haha! Highly recommended!

SUBSCRIBE!!!!!

Hi guys, 

I just realized that there are no seam lines on the real car so I had to fill them up ;/ 

Gotta do the back side as well...

have fun with this kit!!!

Happy Modeling!

SUBSCRIBE!!

DSC_0034.thumb.JPG.7f7fe83abba0b54c18b51DSC_0035.thumb.JPG.92f04f65a2af5bbbc0fc3

lower exhaust / air intake seam

DSC_0036.thumb.JPG.de775d9534bc4d9ba10b0

door step / scoop area seam 

Hi Samuel. Nice working with this one. If you don't mind I would like to share with you what I just received in my email. I don't know the level of detail you plans to put in this model; anyway take a look in that announce, Regards...!!!

csimg0.jpg

On 12/9/2017 at 8:19 AM, Joca said:

Hi Samuel. Nice working with this one. If you don't mind I would like to share with you what I just received in my email. I don't know the level of detail you plans to put in this model; anyway take a look in that announce, Regards...!!!

csimg0.jpg

Holy smokes... I was planning on building the kit straight out of the box since no detail up parts were available at the time.  I don't think my wallet can handle the impact XD

You should give them a shot!!

On 12/9/2017 at 8:51 AM, vwdave92 said:

thanks for the build up thread.  I just ordered the kit from my LHS (Ron's Hobby Mundelein, IL) and the Linkin Park livery set from www.hiroboy.com.  That Acu-stion set looks great...

Thanks man! It is a blast to build this thing.  Some decals are very challenging to lay but as long as you are careful, it will turn out very well.

Enjoy!