Model Cars Magazine Forum

I was not able to find one at Hobby Lobby but fortunately I was able to pick up a green Shasta at a car show a couple of weeks ago.  It is pretty awesome model.  At $30.00, it is way cheaper than Modelhaus Shasta kits on ebay and way better detailed.  I plan on wood graining the wood panels, adding curtains and changing the wheels and tires.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Hobby Lobbys near me only put out one at a time.  Someone buys it, they order another.  Very tight inventory control.  But I found them right with the other diecast.

The HL near me seems to do the same.  Went in one time, they had 2 of the Ken-Skill Teardrops and nothing else. Next time, they had a Winnebago and 1 Teardrop, which I bought.

Freetime Hobbies has all those 1/24 trailers for $14.99, but the Shasta Airflyte is still showing as "Out of Stock."  They have the Winnebagos and Ken-Skills:

https://freetimehobbies.com/search.php?search_query=greenlight+1%2F24&Search

1 minute ago, Mike999 said:

The HL near me seems to do the same.  Went in one time, they had 2 of the Ken-Skill Teardrops and nothing else. Next time, they had a Winnebago and 1 Teardrop, which I bought.

Hobby Lobby is like Stepford!  I have three of them within my travels and all three stores are carbon copies down to the aisles and the hook something is located on!  Same thing in the stamp and coin supplies.  I like to buy a specific stamp album / stock book.  It's less than $10 with the 40% off coupon.  And they only stock one at a time.  

On 11/9/2017 at 9:12 PM, Chuck Most said:

Very cool!

I have the Airstream Bambi from this series. Other than the heavy-handed rivet detail it's a pretty nice little piece. Not sure what I'll end up hitching it to. 

103_2113.thumb.JPG.6ced36e2ca06d1d4f8079

You are very right about the rivets being too large. I live in Jackson Center,Ohio where the Airsteam Factory is located so there are a lot of them sitting around their service center building just two blocks from our house. The real trailers have one rivet every inch along every seam which would be very difficult to replicate in most any small scale., About the only viable method would be to use those 3D rivets supplied as water slide decals. Even that would be a huge effort replicating literaly thousands of rivets.

• 2 months later...