[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
curb

'67 Pontiac Bonneville HOOD Wanted

I'm looking for a Hood for this MPC '67 Pontiac Bonneville

MPC '67 Bonneville.JPG

MPC '67 Bonneville Box Ends.jpg

any chance a 68 could be made to work...have an extra one sitting next to me from a project I am working on

Ho Mike, sorry for not answering sooner.. I'm interested in the '68 Bonneville hood if you still have it. I'm not sure how close it would be to the '67 hood but I should be able to make it work.. PM me with details

Thanks

Ho Mike, sorry for not answering sooner.. I'm interested in the '68 Bonneville hood if you still have it. I'm not sure how close it would be to the '67 hood but I should be able to make it work.. PM me with details

Thanks

The '67 & '68 Bonneville hoods were totally different.

The '67 had a body color panel between the leading edge of the hood & the grille.

The '68 did not.

It's hood ran all the way down to the front bumper.

Depending on how close the shape of the rest of the hood compares, you may be able to saw off the entire front of the '68 hood to fit.

Steve

1967%2BPontiac%2BBonneville%2BConvertabl296b.jpg

you may be able to saw off the entire front of the '68 hood to fit.

They're not that close. Besides having the 1967 side edges bent up, the peaked area is substantially wider at the front edge where he would cut off the the 1968 hood to 1967 length. and the peaked area is a little taller on the 1968 than the 1967, just like the real cars.

Edited by Model Carnage

They're not that close. Besides having the 1967 side edges bent up, the peaked area is substantially wider at the front edge where he would cut off the the 1968 hood to 1967 length. and the peaked area is a little taller on the 1968 than the 1967, just like the real cars.

I was afraid of that.

I had forgotten about those "bent up" sides on the '67 hood.

Looks like a lot more work than it would be worth in my opinion.

Steve

Cutting the Front of to hood off wouldn't be a problem. The sides could be scored and bent up. Would it be 100% accurate? No.. But having no hood is the alternative..I guess... another would be to sell as is...LOL

sorry...I was out of town, still have 68 hood, understand all the problems in making it work,but something is better than nothing...I made one work a few years ago and it looked good enough to sell the model at a local swap meet...if your still interested let me know and we will deal...always looking for parts to finish vintage cars, always need stuff for johan   thanx

Cutting the Front of to hood off wouldn't be a problem. The sides could be scored and bent up. 

Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished product :P

I'm looking for a Hood for this MPC '67 Pontiac Bonneville

Personally, I would just hold off & look for a replacement '67 hood on ebay.

Stuff like this comes up all of the time.

I've had to wait for a considerable amount of time for a part occasionally, but I always seem to manage to find what I need.

You may have to pay a bit for it, but you need to consider which is more important to you, a few dollars, or your time.

Steve