Model Cars Magazine Forum

Harry`s Models

I was surprised to see some of Harry`s models that featured in his book are up for sale on Ebay.

I would love one but I am afraid they would not travel undamaged to Australia.

I have built most of these Entex models and am afraid to shift them from the shelf for cleaning. The baggage handlers here pass parcels like grid iron players. Good and interesting buys for US  model collectors.

16133356719_9be000326d_b.jpg

I have purchased a couple of his built ups and was very pleased at the care Amy takes with shipping and how they travelled. I did have to re-glue a few small pieces but stil, very pleased and proud to have the examples of Harry's craftsmanship!

• 2 months later...

I promised Dann on another thread to show one of Harry's builds I have.

This is a Sopwith Camel in 1/32 scale made by Harry's hands...missing a couple bits

IMG_2104.thumb.JPG.1a8a047eac68418fa53b94b814b2278b.JPG

I wanted to keep this all Harry's work so only returned what was missing and tried my best to match the paint shades.

Fortunately I had a Wing Nut Wings kit with the exact parts as extras on the sprue tree...real surprise. I will re-do the broken rigging when I get the correct lines

IMG_3489.thumb.jpg.95024802eb59039a94c45898ef3a2b5f.jpg

As she stands now up on her wheels

IMG_2106.thumb.JPG.68cb0cb615cca2d01e58834676e58bb7.JPG

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Wow -another real looking build from Harry.    it would be nice to find one in 1/16 scale to use in  background photos  with  similar 1/16  brass era Automobiles.

I just bought one of Harry's Models and will post it here soon. so,  let us keep this thread going as a tribute to Harry's Work.

by the way -nice work with the restoration and color match on the wheels Scott

Edited by f1ford48
incomplete

3 hours ago, f1ford48 said:

Wow -another real looking build from Harry.    it would be nice to find one in 1/16 scale to use in  background photos  with  similar 1/16  brass era Automobiles.

I just bought one of Harry's Models and will post it here soon. so,  let us keep this thread going as a tribute to Harry's Work.

by the way -nice work with the restoration and color match on the wheels Scott

Thanks Frank

I have Harry's 1/16 Jaguar ss100 fixed up and my own MGTC 1/16....you have given me an assignment for a photo shoot!

Cool-   I saw the MG  in the background-that is a great model -the wheels and tires are very nice- here are a few images of the one I built Decades ago.  

I look forward to seeing more of Harry's models here.

fjs photos #3 322.jpg

fjs photos #3 320.jpg

fjs photos #3 324.jpg

mgtc2.jpg

fjs photos #3 318.jpg

Edited by f1ford48
spellin'

Nice looking MG indeed and I agree was a great little kit

Harry actually helped me out on my MG as I was pondering what to do with the dash. He was noted for the quote "nothing looks quite like real wood other than wood"...so I made an entire wood dash, then added leather seats to top it off

Here are both threads, sadly with the loss of photos in Harry's

8 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Nice looking MG indeed and I agree was a great little kit

Harry actually helped me out on my MG as I was pondering what to do with the dash. He was noted for the quote "nothing looks quite like real wood other than wood"...so I made an entire wood dash, then added leather seats to top it off

Here are both threads, sadly with the loss of photos in Harry's

Beautiful work on your TC Scott- the dash is outstanding.....     what the devil happened to all of the images of Harry's builds??????  I have noticed a lot of the older post's  here are now missing all of the images.   what a shame-how can we enjoy posterity and use archives?????    

9 hours ago, f1ford48 said:

Beautiful work on your TC Scott- the dash is outstanding.....     what the devil happened to all of the images of Harry's builds??????  I have noticed a lot of the older post's  here are now missing all of the images.   what a shame-how can we enjoy posterity and use archives?????    

If you want to see all of those missing photos you need  to download Google Chrome then add this embedded image fix from the Chrome Store :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/photobucket embed fix?hl=en

It's the second one by Jesse Evers . Then open the MCM Forum using Chrome and all those lost photos will be back !  :D

I also was  able to acquire one of Harry's Models.   It was my favorite build of his- the Stutz Bearcat.   in 1/16th - an old Aurora kit that he detailed out to  the Max.   Amy did a great job of packing -it was even double boxed-no fault of hers at all.  needless to say I am POed at the PO.   I have my work cut out for me on this one...........

20180204_122947.jpg

20180204_123914.jpg

2 hours ago, f1ford48 said:

I also was  able to acquire one of Harry's Models.   It was my favorite build of his- the Stutz Bearcat.   in 1/16th - an old Aurora kit that he detailed out to  the Max.   Amy did a great job of packing -it was even double boxed-no fault of hers at all.  needless to say I am POed at the PO.   I have my work cut out for me on this one...........

20180204_122947.jpg

20180204_123914.jpg

God Frank, what DIDN'T they break on it?!

Just plug away bit by bit and you will get her back together 

On 2/11/2018 at 8:41 PM, Twokidsnosleep said:

God Frank, what DIDN'T they break on it?!

Just plug away bit by bit and you will get her back together 

Harry and I conferred on that one together. I sent him the curbside Aurora Stutz Bearcat and the Lindbergh Stutz Racer with engine, which he added.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Sopwith Camel all finished off and re-rigged all the wires. I left any wiring that Harry had placed and just added the missing ones. The second pic shows how much fun rigging a biplane is

IMG_2151.thumb.JPG.c489cb8447f4686f8f74e6ad10c98194.JPG

IMG_2140.thumb.JPG.79dedefeb1811cc905fce12048652cf1.JPG

Thanks Harry, I enjoyed bringing this back to lifeB)

Edited by Twokidsnosleep