Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Lil' Hot Dogger Show Rod

Art Laski

Here's an out of the box build of the Lil' Hot Dogger I just finished to participate in the show rod theme at the Spirit of Speed at the NHRA Museum in Pomona, California this past Sunday. I used Alclad silver base for the candy paint, but the red "candy" is Tamiya clear red acrylic and clear urethane on the frame and side boards. All chrome was stripped, except the front wheels, which were given a Tamiya Smoke wash. Flat red Testors enamel on the dog house and craft acrylics for the roof. Hope you enjoy looking at it. It was a blast to build!

IMG_8280-vi.jpg
IMG_8260-vi.jpg
IMG_8261-vi.jpg
IMG_8262-vi.jpg
IMG_8266-vi.jpg
IMG_8268-vi.jpg
IMG_8269-vi.jpg

That came out GREAT....how was the show???

Thanks, Dave! It was fun. I mentioned you to Terry. Said you guys grew up on the same street!

That kit has never looked better Art. Well done...

Really appreciate thet, Bob!

Excellent job and an outstanding L'il Hot Dogger !  It's got my vote ! :D

Thanks, Bob!!

Art......yes,I agree,this is the best built version of this model I have ever seen........I don`t know why this build was over looked in it`s class...... at the show this past weekend?.......it was clearly a winner in my eyes.......such a great looking build Bro:)

Thanks, John! There were a ton of great models there, including yours. I had fun building it and participating in the show.

Looks so nicely put together, a really "tight" build, which is an effect not often seen on show rod style models. I think it's at least partly due to the tone of the AllClad refinisihing, which along with the crisp and sanitary attention to detail, completely transforms the model. It gives it an unexpected realism, if one can say something like that about one of AMT's "Wilder" designs... Big Thumbz Upz! super.gifsuper.gif