Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Yellow Jacket

TooOld

Nice save on the Cals.

Thanks !

Loving this project. The vacu-formed wheel arch panels are fantastic.  What sealer did you use on the decals? Looks like it really worked!

I've been using Testors Decal Bonder for years only because it has always worked for me , why change if it works right ? Microscale also makes a brushable sealer and some guys just spray them with clear before applying them .

A very clean build. 

The forward rake and thinned out wheel spokes are subtle but very effective modifications. I'm really looking forward to seeing yours completed.

I rebuilt the same car, from a glue bomb, years back. I also made it a store display to sit on. It's a close copy of the real thing, but with a slimmer base. Here's a shot of it, alongside a couple of others I made.

IMG_1779.jpg

I'm a big fan of early Monogram kits, they have a look all their own.

Tony.

A very clean build. 

The forward rake and thinned out wheel spokes are subtle but very effective modifications. I'm really looking forward to seeing yours completed.

I rebuilt the same car, from a glue bomb, years back. I also made it a store display to sit on. It's a close copy of the real thing, but with a slimmer base. Here's a shot of it, alongside a couple of others I made.

IMG_1779.jpg

I'm a big fan of early Monogram kits, they have a look all their own.

Tony.

Thanks Tony !  Nice collection and displays .

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I acquired one of these kits today with a big rig kit that I bought.  It appears to be complete though a few parts are off the tree, the box is nice shape and decals are nice.  Can anyone give me an idea what it may be worth?