Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius future kit prototypes from November, 2017 NNL Motor City...

tim boyd

A modeler would have to not have a pulse to not find the '18 Corvette ZR1 exciting..it would be great as a full detail kit..

Guess that makes me a zombie then. Mother will be so ever pleased. ;)

OR, maybe I'm just not a modeller. :o

Edited by Can-Con

2v2uG6StFxvKa6.png

2v2uG6S6qxvKa6.png

Screen grabs of Ted Chopper Lear's video from Detroit.

I wish them luck. Neither the '66 Ford F100 nor the '64 Nova SS has never been kitted, and will be a home run if done right. I suggest that the kit designer consult an expert on those vehicles before releasing them, as a lot of us will not be too forgiving if the execution is poor. From what I see here, quite a bit of "refinement" is in order.

Nice. Not my thing, but nice.

Agree some things need fixing/refining, but we shouldn't do much other than contact Moebius with POLITE suggestions.

I do like the 66, and 64-66 can be done, as well as 4wd, looks like 64-65 Nova can be hardtop, post, and convertible, maybe wagon but diff wb IIRC. Nice effort. Looks far better than Trumpeter thing. 

Cool surprise for many.

Here are some more screen grabs of the '65-'66 Ford F100............

IMG 3088
IMG 3090
IMG 3091
IMG 3086

That '64 Chevy II is lookin' good! Definitely a missing year of those Novas! Thanks to Ted "Chopper" Lear for getting these views via his Facebook page. These are all strictly 3D printed,  so naturally there will be some changes made to the final product before the kits hit the shelves. I like what I see here, but it'll be a bit before we have the kits in our hands.

I know a lot of you guys don't like or do Facebook, so I thought I'd post 'em here.

BTW, I'm still holding out hope for that Cougar............we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Looks like they are doing both a 64 and a 65 with the Chevy II, the sedan in the background of the pic is a 65.  65 sedans had a thicker C-pillar than the 62-64.  

As for doing pickups earlier than 65, they would have to tool up a different chassis.  65-66 chassis would be much the same as their existing 69-72 kits, 61-64 would be different.

Both the Chevy II and Ford truck look like should do well for Moebius, good choices.  

Edited by Rob Hall

2v2uG6StFxvKa6.png

2v2uG6S6qxvKa6.png

Screen grabs of Ted Chopper Lear's video from Detroit.

Just sipping on my morning coffee and find this nice surprise!

Can't find a better way to start the day...positive waves all the way ;)

Ps. Think Moebius now needs to tool up a '68 Olds 442 ragtop, cuz somehow when seeing this pic, in my mind the song "Stay the night" by the band Chicago started to play...  

Cheezy '80s music video (and yes I know the model year of the Pickup, differs from the Moebius mockup) 

Wow! As an owner of '62 Chevy II 2D Sedan this is some real good news! I'll definitely need several of both, the only bad thing about it is that the Sedan really looks like it's a '65...So some modifications are required as I have to backdate it into a '62. But I'm not complaining if we finally see a new kit of 1st Gen Chevy II or Nova. Thanks Moebius!

Wow! As an owner of '62 Chevy II 2D Sedan this is some real good news! I'll definitely need several of both, the only bad thing about it is that the Sedan really looks like it's a '65...So some modifications are required as I have to backdate it into a '62. But I'm not complaining if we finally see a new kit of 1st Gen Chevy II or Nova. Thanks Moebius!

Yeah Niko, the sedan is a '65. I don't know if it'll be gasser only, or if it can later be built stock. Still, not a difficult conversion to make it a '62-----just some time and patience. ;)

Sorry but how about the Trumpeter kit we had years ago ?

Sorry but how about the Trumpeter kit we had years ago ?

The Trumpeter kit was a '63, and it had its share of foibles. I've not seen one built that didn't have difficulties in sitting too high, and from what I hear, it could be a very fiddly kit to get together. I had one (hardtop) but I sold it years ago as I lost interest in it. I still have the convertible kit, but it suffered from the windshield frame (A pillar) being waaaaaay too tall-------I remedied that right quick with lowering it a few scale inches, and putting it back in the box.

Before.....................

P8070033

After..........

P8120001

Haven't touched it since................

Edited by MrObsessive