Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius future kit prototypes from November, 2017 NNL Motor City...

tim boyd

Nice. Not my thing, but nice.

Agree some things need fixing/refining, but we shouldn't do much other than contact Moebius with POLITE suggestions.

I do like the 66, and 64-66 can be done, as well as 4wd, looks like 64-65 Nova can be hardtop, post, and convertible, maybe wagon but diff wb IIRC. Nice effort. Looks far better than Trumpeter thing. 

Cool surprise for many.

A stock convertible could only be '62 or '63...none built by GM after '63.

I'm pleased!

We all knew about the Ford pickups.  We can thank Dave Burket / Model King for convincing Moebius to do these! 

The Nova is a good choice for Moebius.  A popular car and they will sell a load of them!   :D

And folks said this hobby was dying...  I guess Chicken Little was mistaken!

For my 2 cents worth, I really would like to see:

1967-72 Chevrolet C10 Pickup

1950’s-72 Dodge Pickup

any pre war (1930’s-40) Chevrolet or Mopar Coupe.

way to go Moebius & Round2 how about opening the vault and bring back some of those 3/1 kits or restore the 1965 Fairlane back to stock.

keep up the good work.

I like that long bed Ford pickup.   Here is some others that would be great to see back on the shelves for us all again....we can only dream or hope they might someday...

73-76 Dodge vans/long bed pickups

stock 71/72 Mercury Cyclone

Revell..please give us the Un-Real Roller..LOL

68/69 Dodge Coronet R/Ts

67 Chevy pickup

65/66 Dodge Monaco

stock 66-69 Ford Falcons

68/69/70 Bonneville HTs

69-72 Grand Prix

71 Pontiac Sprint II

The AMT early modified Ford race team set...pickup/trailer/even without the dirt track car.

Id think any of these would be good for sale figures...?

And definitely a Yes for the Wagon! I have one AMT "Boss Nova" that will be converted back to more stock appearance, but that's pretty much work in there...

The very idea of scribing in all those door lines--and in the roof pillars too--makes my brain hurt. So if they come out with a wagon, I'll buy at least one. 

My wish list Is as follows.

67-68 Mustang coupe/conv.

69/70 Mustang coupe/conv.

71/73 Mustandcoupe/conv.

03/04 Mustang Mach1

Ford Mach II concept

Daytona Cobra Coupe

427 Cobra in 1/25 scale

289 Cobra in 1/24 scale

70's Detomaso Pantera with an ENGINE.

GT40 Mark I in 1/24 scale

Ford Mark IV in 1/24 scale

I'm pleased!

We all knew about the Ford pickups.  We can thank Dave Burket / Model King for convincing Moebius to do these! 

The Nova is a good choice for Moebius.  A popular car and they will sell a load of them!   :D

And folks said this hobby was dying...  I guess Chicken Little was mistaken!

There were rumours about the Novas too but not so public.

The very idea of scribing in all those door lines--and in the roof pillars too--makes my brain hurt. So if they come out with a wagon, I'll buy at least one. 

I've got a "de-Bossed" Boss Nova in the works...roof hole filled, rear wheel openings patched in, back to stock.  All sheet plastic, no parts pieced in from a "lucky find" annual kit body.  I've got to scribe the panel lines back in.  I've already got three or four stock wagons, so this one will get the door lines scribed to two-door spec, and will get Nomad-style slanted B-pillars.  The Boss Nova body needs considerable block-sanding to eliminate waviness in many areas, but like many annual kit bodies it's nice and thick so you can mess with it as much as you like.

I've got a "de-Bossed" Boss Nova in the works...roof hole filled, rear wheel openings patched in, back to stock.  All sheet plastic, no parts pieced in from a "lucky find" annual kit body.  I've got to scribe the panel lines back in.  I've already got three or four stock wagons, so this one will get the door lines scribed to two-door spec, and will get Nomad-style slanted B-pillars.  The Boss Nova body needs considerable block-sanding to eliminate waviness in many areas, but like many annual kit bodies it's nice and thick so you can mess with it as much as you like.

That sounds like a better plan than scribing four doors. I actually have a Jimmy Flintstone Nova sedan delivery body that looks like most of what you're talking about has already been done to it. Hafta dig that thing out. 

Looks like they are doing both a 64 and a 65 with the Chevy II, the sedan in the background of the pic is a 65.  65 sedans had a thicker C-pillar than the 62-64.  

I have never heard, seen, or noticed that, but I just did some googling and it looks like you're right! 

Looks to me like the side windows are the same, but the backlight doesn't curve around to the sides on the '65, but is almost flat. 

I wonder if the backlight from the hardtop--which does seem to have some wraparound--could be fit into the sedan body to make an earlier 2DS? 

The '64 SS hardtop bridges a gap in the AMT early Nova collection.  AMT never did a '64 kit or promotional model.  Chevrolet initially dropped the Nova SS for '64 thinking the Chevelle would fill the void, but brought it back after a couple of months.   

Moebius tends to use built test shots for boxart; I have seen inside the box of the '61 Joe Weatherly stock car; the turn signals are engraved as well as the Pontiac script on the grille...those revised parts likely weren't available when the boxart model was constructed. Can't comment if they'd also fixed the issues that cause the entire bumper/grille unit to fit so poorly to the radiator cowl, causing the poor hood fit. If the bumper/grille don't fit, the hood won't fit. Also unknown is if any effort was put into making the front/rear glass fit better into the body. Aside from those issues, I really enjoyed building my Ventura and it looks pretty good. Pity that the boxart tends to amplify some build flaws...boxart artist probably isn't a model builder, maybe not even a car person, to "miss" on that detail.

I know that Dave had said they were going to address the missing turn signals and Pontiac scripts in future releases, I personally hadn't seen the NASCAR kit to know if it had been or not.  I hoped it would be.  On the other hand it was more of what a hot mess that box art is - nothing says buy the most expensive mass market kits sold by a U.S. manufacturer - like a big non fitting hood gap all over the box.

Yes Steve that is correct.  I had heard that a while back, but in the frenzy of this thread, and thinking the announcement would be from Revell, I forgot all about it!

Yea, I was really hoping it was a Revell announcement too instead of the Nova and the Pickup which was not really new news, especially the pickups which were all but officially announced already.

Still hoping  for that boat tail Riviera that was rumored to be coming from Revell about 10 years ago.;)

Tim (or anyone else), will the Chevy II's include a six cylinder (particularly the '64) engine? It'll be nice to have another Chevy six available from this era instead of having to raid the Trumpeter kit for one, or the AMT '60 Chevy kit.

In the other thread Tim said they would have the 283/327 V8s..

Just seriously hard to believe THAT got past ANYONE. It's the absolute FIRST thing that jumped out at me, and it simply defies any rational explanation.

While I really like the old GM-brochure style of illustration, an artist working in those days would have been shot for presenting a drawing that made the car look like it just came out of a third-rate body shop.

Looks like they painted over a photo of the model.  Still, they should have caught that.