Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dale Jr Nationwide car

bbowser

I did this as a slump buster.  Was disappointed when I opened the box and found no decals, just stickers.  Surprisingly they went down pretty well and conformed to curves better than I expected.  I am looking forward to the full detail kits of the Ford and Chevy, I have not picked up either yet.  Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

DSCN3302.JPG

DSCN3305.JPG

DSCN3307.JPG

DSCN3308.JPG

Great job , Bob . I'm not sure, but I think those stickers have a top layer you remove after you apply them that cleans them up a bit. I found this out when I was using the upper grille sticker as a template for the one I'm building at the moment.. Maybe somebody can voice in on this if it is the case.

I tried another sticker on an old 63 chevy body and yes I believe they want you to remove the outer film from the stickers and then clean off the gooey stickum between the image and the outer film with 70 % isopropyl alchohol. This makes the sticker look more like a decal. see the pictures below. just get the outer film loose with your fingernail and pull it off with a tweezers it sticks pretty hard but the image does look better with the outer film removed.

sticker1.jpg

sticker2.jpg

Ok, Bob. Sounds good. Sorry I kind of hijacked your thread but I think a lot of guys might not have known about removing the outer layer of the stickers. It leaves a much smaller edge and if the body was cleared after the process the stickers would really look like decals.