Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model A Coupe (Quick build gone wrong)- All Done, just took a bit longer than planned

Taxdude

On 4/1/2018 at 6:11 PM, Taxdude said:

The great thing about this board is the help that comes to you out of nowhere.  I had used a decal to simulate the Mexican seat blanket.  It looked OK.  But it didn't have any depth of texture.  But not having a better solution I decided to live with it.  Then @gasser59 offered up a better solution.  Printable fabric.  Messages went back and forth and boom.  The so much better solution.

So the original and the way better.

Seat.jpg

Better seat.jpg

Now that's a score!!!!! ??

15 minutes ago, Dave Darby said:

Looking great! If it isn't too late, dont forget to tilt the distributor as Y block dizzies aren't straight up and down. Your build is a work of art!

hqdefault.jpg

Thanks for the heads up.  I had almost forgotten about that.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, Dave Darby said:

Looking great! If it isn't too late, dont forget to tilt the distributor as Y block dizzies aren't straight up and down. Your build is a work of art!

hqdefault.jpg

Thanks for posting that image, Dave.  It's probably the best one I've ever seen showing the position/angle of the Y-Block distributor....TIM 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Taxdude changed the title to Model A Coupe (Quick build gone wrong)- Getting close update
On 11/7/2018 at 8:21 PM, Spex84 said:

MAN, this thing is nice. I'm very impressed by the opening  windshield--that's a detail I considered adding to my bare-metal '30 but it seemed too darn finicky to be worth it. 

Fantastic detailing!

Thanks.  It is worth it.  But making the new window glass was a bit tough.  But I'm happy with how it turned.

Well....Fred finished it last night at 10:45pm!   Fred plans to do a studio quality photo session later today or tomorrow and post here at the forum, but until then, here is a sneak peak at the finished product as displayed at the Motor City NNL earlier today.    You don''t me to tell you this is one spectacular piece of work....the photo says it all....  Mega Congrats, Fred   TIM 

DSC 0243

Edited by tim boyd

2 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Well....Fred finished it last night at 10:45pm!   Fred plans to do a studio quality photo session later today or tomorrow and post here at the forum, but until then, here is a sneak peak at the finished product as displayed at the Motor City NNL earlier today.    You don''t me to tell you this is one spectacular piece of work....the photo says it all....  Mega Congrats, Freed   TIM 

Thanks Tim,

Yes, she is all done and now just need to bleed the brakes and take some pictures.

Stayed tuned.

Fred

12 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Well....Fred finished it last night at 10:45pm!   Fred plans to do a studio quality photo session later today or tomorrow and post here at the forum, but until then, here is a sneak peak at the finished product as displayed at the Motor City NNL earlier today.    You don''t me to tell you this is one spectacular piece of work....the photo says it all....  Mega Congrats, Fred   TIM 

DSC 0243

Extremely well done- nice, understated use of colors, loaded with detail. Great job bringing this one across the finish line.

• Taxdude changed the title to Model A Coupe (Quick build gone wrong)- All Done, just took a bit longer than planned