Model Cars Magazine Forum

Red Alert

dragmodels44

hey Guys, just wanted to post a pic of my Red Alert, just out of the spray booth! I used the newly released Slixx decals and used the 70 SS 454 snap tite kit, as I’m just doing a curbside. I just wanted it in 1/25scale to go with my 1/18 version. I couldn’t find the full 1/25 kit anywhere and didn’t want to buy it off eBay. ( sick of it ) the hood decals were a little tricky around the cowl induction area and I had to cut them to get them to lay right, then touch it up a little.

does anyone know what the actual car ran for wheels? 5 hole slotted?

F5B7042F-FBD1-40BD-B077-A078E790654D.jpeg

30586B11-EBB7-4E67-9797-B0238EFFD65F.jpeg

Great looking paint and decals. I remember reading many profiles on this car and it's owner. I remember a couple of different wheel combinations from the pictures in the articles so as Ace pointed out you could use several different wheel combs.  

Thanks for the info and pics! I actually ordered both types from comp resins so I can decide when I mount them. This is going to be a quick one, as it’s a one piece body, but I needed to do a quick project, just to see something finished. I seem to do the body, set it aside then leave it until I’m in the mood. But, the painted bodies I never get tired of looking at!

I will just add interior detail to it. I have to remember to make an automatic shifter.!

I wanted to send a couple of updates on the Red Alert. I’m trying to add some detail, as it’s only a curb side. I fabricated the roll bar and added the correct automatic shifter. The body is foiled and the bumper assemblies are complete. I added a column mounted tach and I’m going to add the racing harness. I’m still waiting for the rear motor fly wheels from comp resins, or I just might use Spyder wheels.

5F847507-4D8C-4279-9AAC-3773A8C440A9.jpeg

C32C2F3A-E5F7-4B03-9C20-17451B650A41.jpeg

A2FC5DF4-B3E8-41D9-9061-903C57162B11.jpeg

F707C102-F73F-4EDC-AEB2-F94E6091683C.jpeg