Model Cars Magazine Forum

Edsel grill and front bumper fix

59 Impala

Just for the fun of it, I'm going to try and fix this part.  I think it's from a 59 Edsel, not sure.  I used a piece of tape on the back side of the bumper and used fingernail resin to fill in the hole.  I also am trying to clean up the grill part.  I've removed the glue residue and will try and smooth it all out.  Then, I'll probably use the Molotow chrome in an air brush to paint it again.  Here are some pics of what I did tonight.  Thanks fer lookin.  Dan

IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_4488.JPG

IMG_4490.JPG

Well, she don't look to bad.  I just got this done a few minutes ago and I'm happy with the results.  I don't have the car, but I was able to fix this grill and bumper.  The Molotow chrome is great stuff.  I sprayed this with my air brush.  Thanks fer lookin.  Dan

IMG_4515.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

Yes John.  I got it at Sally's Beauty Supply.  It comes in pink and clear powder and the liquid is kinda purplish pink.  The liquid does have a strong odor, so, you have to use it in a well ventilated area.  It's a lot like dental resin.  The stuff smells the same.  And, thanks fer the kind comment.  Dan