Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 hour ago, Bennyg said:

I'm in Australia, and paints went missing somewhere from the USA to Australia. He was great to deal with and sent a whole new batch to me which arrived within a month. We checked tracking numbers in Australia and USA for the original order and they just disappeared. Postage has definitely been sketchy at times and I don't blame companies such as GC. Plus postage rates are getting ridiculous from the USA lately.

Ben

I'm pretty sure the issue with missing shipments is at the Ocala (sp?) facility near Miami. I've had 2 separate shipments leave Del Ray Beach and make it to Miami then poof....gone....I'm sure there's an employee there that knows what Gravity Colors is and is helping themselves to packages. There's just far too many going missing for it to just be random bad luck. 

Mate can be slow on shipping sometimes, granted, but he works hard. He's now independent from Gravity Colors Europe and is doing everything himself. Also, if a colour is on back order he cant control when it will come to him. Tho, if that's the case he should be telling you that's what the hold up is. 

I just special ordered a colour from him, the new Aston Martin Sterling green for the Advantage GTE car, and he tracked down the code from AM and got the paint ordered and bottled. I too am waiting on an order, likely something is back ordered or he's just catching up on orders. I too wish things would ship immediately but that's just not always the case. I've had issue with Jameston from Scale Finishes with slow order filling too, it's just the way it is with small suppliers doing it all themselves. 

I believe Mate to be a good guy, and I hope he's just behind and will get to your order soon.

3 hours ago, crazyjim said:

So get rid of the union.

Yeah well the Union isn't the problem - it's the Congress/Senate who decided they have to forward fund the pensions.  It's not even a political thing since this has been going on for years. 

But hey if you think you can fire over a half million people and instantly replace them all go for it.

It is fascinating the path USPS packages can take..bought something on eBay a few days ago..was in Baltic, Oh (a small town about 75 miles from me)...it went from there to Columbus, then to Cleveland, then to Akron, then back to Cleveland, and today it got to my post office in Independence. 

9 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

I'm pretty sure the issue with missing shipments is at the Ocala (sp?) facility near Miami. I've had 2 separate shipments leave Del Ray Beach and make it to Miami then poof....gone....I'm sure there's an employee there that knows what Gravity Colors is and is helping themselves to packages. There's just far too many going missing for it to just be random bad luck. 

Mate can be slow on shipping sometimes, granted, but he works hard. He's now independent from Gravity Colors Europe and is doing everything himself. Also, if a colour is on back order he cant control when it will come to him. Tho, if that's the case he should be telling you that's what the hold up is. 

I just special ordered a colour from him, the new Aston Martin Sterling green for the Advantage GTE car, and he tracked down the code from AM and got the paint ordered and bottled. I too am waiting on an order, likely something is back ordered or he's just catching up on orders. I too wish things would ship immediately but that's just not always the case. I've had issue with Jameston from Scale Finishes with slow order filling too, it's just the way it is with small suppliers doing it all themselves. 

I believe Mate to be a good guy, and I hope he's just behind and will get to your order soon.

No complaints from me regarding service and products. Just the postage services from both the USA and Australia have been pricey and sketchy of late.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2017 at 4:11 PM, jkroll1212 said:

Another follow up: over a month, still no product. I am still waiting on my 2 orders I put in 2 days apart. They are still showing as "Processing" on the website. I sent out another email to follow up.

I put in an order of about 70$ worth of paints on the 5th of Dec, have sent numerous emails and an Instagram message and have received no feedback so far. Reading here, I get the sense that there are lots of orders and he is busy, but I ordered another set of paints (1 or 2 bottles) a few days ago to see what would happen and it already says shipped. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, 

about GravityColors,  I have been having serious issues with fulfillment... I was told the item was shipped but no packages in the mail... when I ask for the tracking number, just straight ignores me.. 

I am very frustrated and all the stories I'm being told is disturbing

I got my order that I placed on January 18th today.  I tried to contact them last week via email, for an update but got no response.  I tried their Facebook page and got a response within a couple of hours. They shipped it the next day.    I would try that route if you haven't already.  This was my first order and I love the selection, so I hope they get past all of fulfillment issues.

• 3 months later...

Follow my advice......keep away from Gravity Colors USA!

Like many of you, this guys took my order almost 2 months ago. Weeks after weeks nothing changes... Processing. Several emails and messages in his own web site...no answer.

On May 1st, I sent them a new email throuth Paypal Resolution Center asking for a refund. No answer, but the very same day, this guys left my order On Hold and no refund.

Paypal deadline came and no answer and no refund.

Finally I got my money back thanks to Paypal.

Gravity Colors USA took my money but never sent me the order nor an explanation. This is unacceptable!

Forget Gravity USA and go to Gravity Colors Europe. They took my order and they shipped in 2 days by DHL. I got it in 5 days!!! . www.gravity-colors.com

Thanks to Paypal and Gravity Colors Europe!!

pblake1960

• 7 months later...