Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many scales?

How many scales do you have, build, collect, detail, etc??  In the photo, I see from 1/144?  (Micro machine) up to the 1/18s.  I do have a 1/16? Tamiya Porsche in another part of house - my largest car.  Some 1/12 motorcycles too.   I love "toy cars".  That's how other people see them.  If it interests me, I will buy it.  I think the Micro Machine is a 49 Ford.  The others are different things, culminating with the most recent, the 76 Torino from Revell.  And thanks to my wife for being so kind as to let cars be all over the house!  The ones on the plate around the vase were not planned to be there but I'm leaving them til she makes them live somewhere else.  LOL

So - what ya got?

IMG_20171111_111155479.jpg

I collect micro machines, 1/64 scale cars, 1/24-1/25 and one 1/16 scale model cars, any scale ford broncos and 70s ford trucks, 1/1 lawn mowers as I race them and I have two 1/1 vehicles and if I was able to have more I would but I already have to much.

Edited by 426 pack

I usually build 1/24 - 1/25 scale but I currently have several 1/32 scale cars started & maybe 20 or so more 1/32 kits.(maybe 200 1/25 scale} I may get around to  building some of them, but like a lot of us I have more unbuilt kits than I have life left.

I probably  have at least 3 of each scale started. I'm trying to complete some of  those before starting others, I will concentrate mostly on 1/25 in the future.

I have a growing collection of 1/64 die-casts & some 1/25 die-casts.

I also have 2 1:1 collector cars to contend with.

I hear HO scale calling too!

You really do have power in your house, considering the cats under the side table!  ;)

I wish I could put my models on the table like that! If I did, my cats would have them on the floor in no time! :D

As far as scales I have everything from 1/64 (Hot Wheels) to 1/8 scale. If it looks right, I'll take it if it's a vehicle I like. ;)

In its early days, Tamiya did quite a few armor kits in the oddball 1/21 scale.  Bandai did armor in 1/30 scale.  The old (and great) Historex figures and accessories are usually advertised as 1/32 or 54mm, sometimes even 1/35, but were closer to 1/30. They're noticeably bigger than those other scales.

Tamiya_M2.jpg

Over the course of my "modeling"   ( the past 47 years) I have dabbled with the following scales

Starting with the smallest:  ships    1/1200    1/700,    The Revell "box " scales 1/536      a few ships at 1/400   A few ships at 1/350      A few ships at 1/300   the odd Lindberg scale 1/260   Glenco USS Oregon 1/232   Some subs at 1/144  and 1/125     Revell USS Constitution  1/96   AMT ski boat 1/25

Model train stuff from: 1/160   1/87    1/64   1/48    1/29

Cars/trucks :1/160   1/87   1/64   1/76   1/43   1/32     1/24   1/25   1/20   1/12  1/10   1/4 ( that last one was a visable V-8 

Planes: 1 /144   1/100   1/72   1/48   1/32

Figures I have done many scales of figures but I only remember the Aroura  monsters at 1/13

Rockets : I dont remember all the scales in rockets either.... I do remember a few in 1/100    And an ESTEES  actual flying rocket 1/ 18 ( that last one flew only once..... and still resides in a tree in Auburn WA.... since 1977!  

Mainly 1/24 and 1/25. I have a couple in 1/32. I have one in 1/8 scale that I haven't ripped the cellophane off of, yet. Lessee.....one in 1/12, a SNARK missile kit in 1/48, and a couple of military kits in 1/35 scale. That's about it!

Cool.  I have had 1/8 kits, but they are so large.  I ended up selling them.  I do have a 1/8 IROC body I need to sell/trade off at some point.   I have tried a few military kits.  If they aren't cars/trucks, I can't ever complete them.  I lose interest in planes and such.  Never tried a tank or ship.  I have 1/43 in a couple of kits, but mostly diecast I pick up when the subject suits me.  And I think I do have a full set of hte Monogram Exact 1/87 or whatever they called them.  Was going to build a car dealer diorama.  I think I finished the building on a base and the cars are in it, wherever that is.  

I have build models from 1:6 Tamiya Harley Fat Boy bike to 1:160 Photoetched brass vehicle kits from Micron-Art (and pretty much most of the scales in between).

obj121geo87pg9p9.jpg

2019Wisniewski.JPG

I think I have that same Fat Boy in same color.   That fire engine is incredible though.