Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Louisville

oilman Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Tamiya flat neutral grey, flat nato brown and flat black acrylic.

I've not had much success using acrylic washes.

My usual weathering route is an oil or enamel wash over an acrylic base coat.

Your excelant model shows me that acrylic washes work very well & look amazing too.

So now I'm off to breakout my acrylics & give it a go.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Wow nice job I`m also building that truck but as drag car hauler for Sandy Elliot. Bye the way do you plan to wire your gas tanks if so could you tell me how its done? I done all the other wiring but just wondering how to wire two gas tanks.Any help would be great and keep up the good work.

John Pol

Wow nice job I`m also building that truck but as drag car hauler for Sandy Elliot. Bye the way do you plan to wire your gas tanks if so could you tell me how its done? I done all the other wiring but just wondering how to wire two gas tanks.Any help would be great and keep up the good work.

John Pol

I had not planned to plumb the tanks, but now I might. You will need 2 lines from each tank. . 1 from the bottom of the tanks to the fuel filter. 1 return line from the injection pump to the top of the tanks.

Do any of you folks know anyone who may have modeled a 3808 Cat motor for either the Louisvile or the Ford F-700? Ed Shaver

I think maybe you are refering to a 3208 Cat. Not sure who casts one of those?

Here is a couple progress pics of the Louie.

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

Isn't that an old 3208 in there?

There was a 3808 but I can't remember the last one I've seen.

This kit engine carries the Ford Diesel valve covers. I believe that the Ford LNT carries the CAT 3208, not sure. The engines are identical in both kits with the exception of the badging.

CAT OTR engines in kit form, 3208, 3406, 3408. The 3406 is an inline six and is a generation model in 1:1 meaning it started as a 3406 to a 3406E. These have since been replaced with the C-series engines. The kit form you will see in Revell Pete snap kits is a 3406. The other two are V8's and also no longer in 1:1 production.

Edited by oilman

Oilman, I hit the wrong key, my mistake, thank you. The reason I asked in the first place is the fact I drove a Ford F-600 with one of those Cat engines in it for an oil company that delivered heating oil. I did a model of the truck a couple of years ago. Still the A M T kit comes with a "Gas " engine in it . Still one can combine the Allison automatic with another motor. Thanks for your help Ed Shaver

• 3 weeks later...