Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Loadstar Is Finished

Here you go, Brian.  It's a bit tight in there as you can see.  I used the IH Scout engine as it is typical of the one IH used in the medium size trucks.  The automatic transmission was cut off and was replaced with a standard one that is much smaller.  I de-chromed the valve covers in hopes that the "International" would show up better but it didn't.  The script is so small it sort of got buried in the paint.084.thumb.JPG.1109c5ff087e76c1a27aa03339085.thumb.JPG.88881f620e0cdf859237b3209e

Here you go, Brian.  It's a bit tight in there as you can see.  I used the IH Scout engine as it is typical of the one IH used in the medium size trucks.  The automatic transmission was cut off and was replaced with a standard one that is much smaller.  I de-chromed the valve covers in hopes that the "International" would show up better but it didn't.  The script is so small it sort of got buried in the paint.084.thumb.JPG.1109c5ff087e76c1a27aa03339085.thumb.JPG.88881f620e0cdf859237b3209e

It looks like you nailed it under the hood too, master cylinder and all! Looks great!!

Were all Loadstars gas powered?  I'm not that familiar with them?  Would this truck be a competitor to the Ford L-Series?

Jim there were a lot of them around here. I had the "privilege" to work on several of these, including a couple of engine jobs. I've never seen a diesel in one, but there may have been some diesel versions. The C50, 60 and even the 70, the F600, 700, and the Louisville 800 were in about the same class I think. Most of the ones around here had box vans or stake beds (some that dumped) on them, there were a few regular dumps, a few tankers and of course school buses and fire trucks. I never saw one as a tractor in person though I think I have seen some photos. I was given one of these one time, and all I had to do was pay to have it hauled home and I turned it down. It would run too. Live and learn.

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

• 3 weeks later...