Model Cars Magazine Forum

'91 GMC Syclone Marlboro Edition

I've completed the 1992 kit of the Syclone a few years ago and wanted to make a Sonoma GT(or a Typhoon, but lost the eBay sale of the resin body) version for funsies but then I found out about the decal sheet in the 2010 re-release having all the stripes for the Marlboro edition, just minus the logos. So I tinkered up a decal sheet, which I had already mostly done for the Typhoon or the Sonoma and figured I'd get started! (Also, I know it's technically a pick up truck but... it has the acceleration to beat era appropriate Corvettes, Porsches and even Ferrari's, plus the dang thing could only hold 500 pounds in the back, even a Toyota Camry could tow that much in the backseats and trunk. So, specifics! D:)

So far I've wired up the engine, build the chassis and detailed the interior and working on the body as we speak. Using the five spokes from a '94 Impala SS to get nicer blacked out wheels, given the real version has these little Boyd Coddington wheels.

20171114_125035.jpg

20171114_155745.jpg

Plus the little decal sheet I designed for it(them):

syclone_decals1.png

Don't forget the the wheel adapters for those 5-on-5" pattern Impala SS wheels. :D

Are you adding the removable roof panels? 

Nah, it's too much effort to saw out some panels and replace 'em and I don't particularly wanna just paint 'em on, even though they are truly what makes this edition unique. The decals should be here tomorrow but as of now it's almost completed, just missing the Marlboro badges.

1991marlborosycloneprogress-1.jpg
1991marlborosycloneprogress-2.jpg