Model Cars Magazine Forum

Triumph Drag Bike: On The Bench 11/15/ 17

Hello.......this is a comission build for a friend.......he want`s some crazy ideas added to the build........ so money talks.......I will give it a try.......I`m starting with a vintage  Revell 1/8 Scale Triump Tiger 100 ,that he supplied ........and I will convert it into a 60`s Style Drag Bike....... thanks for looking 

DSCF4576_zpst2xtvfxi.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......I got a mock-up of the style that he wants......I reversed the head so that the carbs are in the front and the exhaust will come out the rear.......I modified the frame and rear wheel .......I made some handle bars and a oil tank.......I made a seat and modified a Revell Chopper tank.......I will add all the detail next.......thanks for looking

DSCF4583_zpsk9xdr4l3.jpg

DSCF4582_zpszbnxdii6.jpg

DSCF4581_zpssgh8eoni.jpg

DSCF4580_zpssaeoy1tq.jpg

DSCF4579_zpscgqhbe8q.jpg

DSCF4578_zpsch1yndpb.jpg

DSCF4577_zpsr9t6j9wh.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I modified the trans and and added oil lines and "Meng" nut and bolt ends to the engine.......I made some foot pegs and wheel adj. screws........and modified a brake set up using part box parts.......I also made a chain guard........I am ready to primer and paint.......thanks for looking

DSCF4593_zpsz5avzrtu.jpg

DSCF4592_zpsgst3krf1.jpg

DSCF4591_zpso7ofkiym.jpg

DSCF4590_zpswud43brc.jpg

DSCF4589_zps9oh48hs0.jpg

Hello.......I got a mock-up of the style that he wants......I reversed the head so that the carbs are in the front and the exhaust will come out the rear.......I modified the frame and rear wheel .......I made some handle bars and a oil tank.......I made a seat and modified a Revell Chopper tank.......I will add all the detail next.......thanks for looking

DSCF4583_zpsk9xdr4l3.jpg

DSCF4582_zpszbnxdii6.jpg

DSCF4581_zpssgh8eoni.jpg

DSCF4580_zpssaeoy1tq.jpg

DSCF4579_zpscgqhbe8q.jpg

DSCF4578_zpsch1yndpb.jpg

DSCF4577_zpsr9t6j9wh.jpg

Is reversing the heads to relocate the Exhaust, and Carbs, something that could be done on the real Bike?

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I got the frame,engine mounts and gas tank painted H.O.K. Oriental Kandy blue over Orion Silver base and I added Slixx Ultra Mini Flakes to the clear...........I painted the engine and front end and oil tank Alclad and the weathered lightly......I also added "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends and I used "Pro Tech" fuel line for the spark plug wires.......and also used "Meng" nut and bolt ends.......I think I can wrap this up tomorrow.......thanks for looking

DSCF4597_zps1ws1xaux.jpg

DSCF4596_zpsgfnydwm2.jpg

DSCF4594_zpsf4ketqsx.jpg

DSCF4608_zps9rajglcz.jpg

DSCF4606_zpsaqjzhn7u.jpg