Model Cars Magazine Forum

D-Revell Panamera

keyser

I'll buy the Ford GT LeMans for sure, it's a Revell USA kit; we get it first. And I'd forgotten about the Pirelli GTI; perhaps I'll go for that since the base GTI kit is pretty sweet. Perhaps combine it w/my Cabrio that I've always intended to build as a tuner in triple black...the antithesis of the triple-white Barbie mobiles that plagued the world for too long :D It really depends on how well they do the wheels/tires. Ugh...that reality is not looking good from a historical perspective, is it? :lol:

12 minutes ago, Zoom Zoom said:

I'll buy the Ford GT LeMans for sure, it's a Revell USA kit; we get it first. And I'd forgotten about the Pirelli GTI; perhaps I'll go for that since the base GTI kit is pretty sweet. Perhaps combine it w/my Cabrio that I've always intended to build as a tuner in triple black...the antithesis of the triple-white Barbie mobiles that plagued the world for too long :D It really depends on how well they do the wheels/tires. Ugh...that reality is not looking good from a historical perspective, is it? :lol:

Revell and decent tires/wheels :lol::lol:

• 2 years later...
On 11/16/2017 at 7:36 PM, Zoom Zoom said:

I'll likely buy & build the Panamera kit, but wish it was the Sport Turismo that to me looks 10,000 times cooler than the sedan/hatch. I can't wrap my head around any discussion at Revell GmbH of future products declaring a Panamera sedan the best choice my company could make for a subject to make my company money. When said company is selling model kits aka dreams in a box. Seems if tooling was cut for plastic it would be for something more exciting than a sedan. Welly could do some great 2nd generation Panamera diecasts (Sport Turismo, please...)...surely I have yet to hear anyone griping that the 1st generation Panamera was only available as a diecast. If you want to scratchbuild, find a C6 Corvette front half and graft it to a Yukon Gold back half and have at it.

In 2017 a new Panamera kit seems almost as absurd as the Trumpeter '78 Monte Carlo. But it's not like Revell GmbH seems to have any rational pattern to the subjects they choose. On January 1 I would not be at all surprised if they announce a BMW 2002. Because...that's what they do. 3.0 CS? Hah!  

So far the only 991's are diecast. Welly has a 1/24 991 GT3 RS coming next year...I have a feeling that's the only way we'll ever get one.

Hi! I am 100% sure there was a Sport Turismo 1/24 resin body annouced, one or two months before the Revell arrived in the shops... photos showed a matt chocolate brown (primary painted?) ST (5 doors) resin body, but now, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IT! I AM POSITIVE! it was not a dream! Is there anyone who did also see it, like I did? very good images, like USCP use to show their resin wheels...  always the same back color behind the body...

48 minutes ago, chaves pah said:

Hi! I am 100% sure there was a Sport Turismo 1/24 resin body annouced, one or two months before the Revell arrived in the shops... photos showed a matt chocolate brown (primary painted?) ST (5 doors) resin body, but now, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IT! I AM POSITIVE! it was not a dream! Is there anyone who did also see it, like I did? very good images, like USCP use to show their resin wheels...  always the same back color behind the body...

I believe they created a 3D print of it to gauge interest, but for whatever reason the actual resin transkit was never done.

On 8/19/2020 at 3:23 PM, chaves pah said:

USCP is still planning on doing one per a recent text exchange with him.  

2 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

USCP is still planning on doing one per a recent text exchange with him.  

Interesting. I have had the Panamera kit for ages waiting to see if there would be either a Revell Sport Turismo variant or aftermarket. I’ll likely get the USCP version if it’s their usual quality and it actually happens before I get distracted by something newer. I know the Panamera kit has some wonky body issues I’d need to fix just building the sedan OOB. Funny thing is now in 2020 that I’ve seen Taycans out in the wild and know Porsche already did a mild softroader Sport Turismo concept the Taycan itself is just a much newer/better looking car than the Panamera to my eyes, and since I can’t afford the real thing I want a model of one. I’d be okay with Welly diecast for that matter if kit or resin doesn’t happen.

2 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

Interesting. I have had the Panamera kit for ages waiting to see if there would be either a Revell Sport Turismo variant or aftermarket. I’ll likely get the USCP version if it’s their usual quality and it actually happens before I get distracted by something newer. I know the Panamera kit has some wonky body issues I’d need to fix just building the sedan OOB. Funny thing is now in 2020 that I’ve seen Taycans out in the wild and know Porsche already did a mild softroader Sport Turismo concept the Taycan itself is just a much newer/better looking car than the Panamera to my eyes, and since I can’t afford the real thing I want a model of one. I’d be okay with Welly diecast for that matter if kit or resin doesn’t happen.

With you there.  I got a Test Shot version from Revell as part of a Thank You for supplying them with the SWC Willys original box and decals since they had been lost.  I then wound up winning another one at a contest raffle.  And, they are both sitting in the stash because I was hoping a Sports Turismo would happen.  If Mischa does it to his usual quality, I'd pop for one.  But, I am also getting interested in the upcoming Alpha RS6 Avant (DTM mods but streetable).  Would also be nice if Aoshima would do an Urus.