[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Have any of you dealt with Star Models? Jury have a few things I like but was wondering what kind of quality they were?

Have any of you dealt with Star Models? Jury have a few things I like but was wondering what kind of quality they were?

Star Models is a retailer of product from multiple resin casters..the quality depends on the individual resin caster.

Dont Know about the resin products but I have bougt some Monogram kits from Steve at Star Models and that have been a nice experience. 

I had no problems with transactions or delivery.  

Steve is a good guy to deal with, if you have any questions contact him. He has always answered mine in a timely fashion.  His products are good quality,  he also has an ever decreasing supply of R&R. Quality there can be spotty.

i  have dealt with Steve for about seven yeas and he has always been great at shipping and fast delivery. I would recommend him any time.

Steve is good to deal with, bought stuff from him for 5 yrs.  prices are fair.   I recommend him.

Thanks for all the input, I have a personal project I'm working on and need a couple of 2dr. sedans to go with my 2dr. XL's and 4dr. sedans.

Hi Steve is a great guy I have been kitting kit's from him for over 12 years now and never once did I ever have a problem of any kind your safe  your safe.!!

What's the best way to reach him? I've called 3 times, no answer , left message but no response.

What's the best way to reach him? I've called 3 times, no answer , left message but no response.

Hi if no one got back to you on how to get a hold of Steve here is the email I use. (stevekohler@cox.net).

My friend and I here in Australia have got kits from Steve , great guy to deal with , I had manufacturing issues with a Revell Corvette kit , told Steve and he replaced it straight away .

On 11/17/2017 at 12:01 PM, rel14 said:

Steve is good to deal with, bought stuff from him for 5 yrs.  prices are fair.   I recommend him.

I've bought several kits from Steve over the years, both regular styrene and resin.

As mentioned above, resin kit quality depends on the manufacturer.

I had an issue with a deformed part on one of the resins kits I purchased. A replacement part was sent to me promptly, no hassle.

Not the piece I started with but just goes to show you can finish your build if you want to. Got this from Steve. No problems !

Daves Plymouth Finished 002.JPG

Steve is one of the best . Some of his products made by R&R are hit or miss . Steve does not make these . He will do right by you .. Thanx ..