Model Cars Magazine Forum

JJ's 2016 Kobalt SS - Las Vegas

Jhedir6

Got the first of what will likely be three or four of the new Revell Chevy SS kits in today. Very nice kit, like the Ford's, well done, a few things to complain about, but hey, we do that with just about every kit, dont we? No Goodyear decals, which sucks for those that dont want to buy extra decals sheets from aftermarket suppliers. 

IMG_0876C_zpsptsbxera.jpg

I wont be doing the Chase car tho, I'll be using Powerslide's Kobalt sheet to to Jimmie Johnson's car from Las Vegas in 2016. 

Decals 

IMG_0664C_zpsaevazsdc.jpg

So hopefully we'll end up with something like this

2016-Las-Vegas-CUP-Jimmie-Johnson-car-Jo

And I got the kit in early enough today, body has been prep'd and primed and painted with Scale Finishes flat black. 

20171116_183121_zpshrm48thc.jpg

Time to get a few decals done before heading off to work.

More tomorrow. Thanks for looking in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 10:41 AM, bbowser said:

That looks great!  How do you get decals to lay down on flat paint so well?

No idea. They just did. A bit of Microsol, but they just went on easy. I was surprised too.

Small update. After nine straight nights I finally have my first weekend off in 4yrs. So, time to do some modeling. Doing some small decals on the body before I clear, but in the meantime, wheels finished and ready to be installed. 

b4a73c03-0a35-4573-bfb7-fd2536192eb6_zps

Decals are a mix of kit and Powerslide.

Thanks for looking in.

More progress....enjoying my day off, building a model and walking the dogs....I havent gotten jack done around the house today, but both the dogs and I are happy.

Chassis assembly underway, still more detail to add, engine as well. I glued the wheels backs directly to the suspension locators without the brake discs so I could set the height of the car to my liking. Still some more decals to go, but almost there.

20171202_162736_zpsq9sllggg.jpg

20171202_162720_zpsrmycia4n.jpg

Should be able to get in another update later tonight....or I might go play some ESO.....still undecided.

Thanks for looking in.