Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442/FE3-X instruction sheet is up

echoxrayniner

19 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I'm wondering what would make a good set of white wall tires..can't think of any right off that would be the right size for an '80s midsize.  I have a set of Missing Link GM chrome wire wheel covers that should work on a base or Supreme version.

Rob ,  I was unable to locate them on their website,  I would like to maybe get a set

6 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

While I don't think there are many suitably 80's whitewall radials out there (would be nice if Fireball Modelworks did some....), if you can live w/the kit tires, Bandit T/A smooth-side tires, or similar (even old TRX tires from the parts box), and use either Pegasus vinyl whitewall stickers or are adept using a circle template w/a white "Gellyroll" gel pen, you can get pretty decent results.

I got it easy, my 84 that I owned had no whitewalls, not even sure the tires were all the same brand, pretty sure I was also missing a wirewheel cap .

6 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Wow..price went way up...I got a set for about $10 a couple years ago... 

I contacted Kevin over at Missing link and it turns out that was a mistake, and he has corrected the price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Resin-25th-scale-wire-wheel-covers-Chevy-Olds-Pontiac-Cadillac-etc-Missing-Link/352237328427?hash=item5202fb182b:g:t-4AAOSwyWZZVq8u

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 2:34 AM, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Straight-out Supreme looks pretty easy from this kit.

TIRES. As with the Hurst are the Polyglas-style that debuted with the 'Cuda - for both the stock and the FE3.  Too bad Monogram never did any low-profile Gatorbacks oh, 33 years ago, say.

Narrower, more '80s-looking radials are as close as your nearest "Bandit" Firebird - they fit a bit loosely on the Cutlass wheels, but they should work.  To get proper, low-profile rubber on the supplied FE3 wheels, m a y y b e e  AMT Gatorbacks from the late '90s… ?

Round 2's new release 75 Datsun pickup has a nice set of pad printed Goodrich Radial T/As. They are their normal hollow low profile tires but at least is the right brand tires. Missing link has the correct depth chrome Rallye wheels that I mastered and they fit these tires well. They should be available.

20 minutes ago, BobbyG said:

Round 2's new release 75 Datsun pickup has a nice set of pad printed Goodrich Radial T/As. 

No, it includes Goodyear GT Radial tires. I don't believe the old MPC BFG Radial T/A tires (either size) have been included in any Round2-era kits yet.