Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW 1300 Beetle 66´ ”Pearl White” Tamiya

Zoom

This was my first Tamiya kit. Very nice, except for the rear/back lights, that was molded in clear plastic as separate parts. That was a lot of painting and masking. When I look at them now I think they are a little “naked”. I should have worked a little bit more on them.

Paint is “Zeropaints” racing white, should be similar to Tamiya TS-7, but I have used TS-7 and I think TS-7 have a little yellow touch in it.

First time I try doing license plates. This is how they look in Sweden in the 60s.

Comments are welcome.

DSC07653_(2).thumb.JPG.e7cc4d57fdbe203feDSC07640_(2).thumb.JPG.8a31d4f40cba30979DSC07646_(2).thumb.JPG.e75abc35794b2c01cDSC07642_(2).thumb.JPG.abbd003ac6664a9eb

DSC07654_(2).thumb.JPG.80c45b796a45c0c45DSC07648_(2).thumb.JPG.e69a94ef4de7e37ca

DSC07628_(2).thumb.JPG.a438db137e44debea

A very neat & clean build. I don't think the tail lights look too bad. Remember, they were in reality a "little naked”.

The paint looks very nice. I'm preparing to do a car in Tamiya's "Pearl White". What did you use as a primer? I'm still trying what to shoot under my Pearl White to give the best result.

Very clean looking build. It's always nice to see a stock build. You mentioned the license plates were a first for you. There should be a more local decal supplier that my have plate decals to use if you want. If not there is a company called Goffer here that offers European plates. They may be listed in the After Market section on this site.  

Thank you all for your kind words!:wub:

What did you use as a primer? I'm still trying what to shoot under my Pearl White to give the best result.

I used Tamiyas "Fine surface primer, white".

I love the colour you’ve used on the seats, it’s perfect. May I enquire as to the name / brand of the paint? 

It´s called "Pigalle" and it is a mix of Tamiya XF-59 and X-2 that are descriped in the instruction sheet.

There should be a more local decal supplier that my have plate decals to use if you want. If not there is a company called Goffer here that offers European plates. They may be listed in the After Market section on this site.  

Thank you for that information.