Model Cars Magazine Forum

Iditarod Rat Rod Bus - 2-22-18 Update - All But Done!

Weathering update! Using a combination of the salt technique and LifeColor Liquid Pigments, I set to weather the underside of the bus. I first put down some rust, then grey, then the green body color around the edges to simulate overspray. Once that was done, I moved to the body, first adding some yellow in spots as the actual bus has some yellow showing through the white and green. Then I added LifeColor to that and added dry transfer numbers. Last were the rims.

20180201_173639.jpg

20180204_091734.jpg

• FrozenPlastik49 changed the title to Iditarod Rat Rod Bus - 2-4-18 Update - Weathering!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • FrozenPlastik49 changed the title to Iditarod Rat Rod Bus - 2-22-18 Update - All But Done!

Final update! I may do a bit more weathering, perhaps on the windows, but this thing is all but done. Just in time for the Fur Rondy model contest too, which commences in less than 48 hours! Really happy with the way it turned out, having never weathered or scratchbuilt too many things before (roof rack, jerry cans, and dog sled all handmade). My cell phone pics are pretty crappy, but you get the idea. I will repost 'Under Glass' once my photographer wife has gotten some better shots...perhaps in the snow, even. Wish me luck this weekend!

20180221_191506.jpg

20180221_192318.jpg

20180221_191555.pdf

20180221_192237.pdf

• 3 months later...