[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
junkyardjeff

Building a utility trailer

I am building a trailer out of a 40 Ford truck bed and wondering where I can get a tongue that looks like a real one or close to it.

For the tongue I would use square tubing but for the couple that will need to be scratch built to the style you are going after. 

If you don't want to scratch build one you can cut one off a trailer like I did here.  This trailer is available in a few different kits.  You might also look at the Revell Kurtis Midget kits which includes a smaller trailer. 

DSCN4134

Edited by afx

If you need a smaller one, look for an A-frame tow bar - a few kits have them including the '62 Bel Air "Northwind" and the '64 Ford Modified Stocker.

I used that tow bar for a trailer for the doodle bug I built last year but I think it was the last one I had but will try to find one.